NEW Stainless Coolant Crossover Tube Plug "(Second Run)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnuce10

Established Member
Does anyone know the thread pitch? The op did not receive any answers in this thread.

I would be interested as well. Will it have an o-ring too?

Thanks for the reminder...thread pitch would be helpful!

O-rings will be included...I'm planning on stopping by the dealer tonight to see how bad they are going to rape me.

Prototype will be done tonight and I will pick it up tomorrow....just called my machinist! :banana:

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
If you could measure the ID of a clean factory O-ring bore where the plug sits in the crossover, and redesign the oring groove for a standard and easily acquired oring, that we dont have to go to ford for, that would be great. My crossover was rusted and kept tearing stock orings so I ended up welding an npt bung on and plugging it that way, but I'm going to replace that side of the crossover with a new factory piece and I'm interested in this plug

tnuce10

Established Member
If you could measure the ID of a clean factory O-ring bore where the plug sits in the crossover, and redesign the oring groove for a standard and easily acquired oring, that we dont have to go to ford for, that would be great. My crossover was rusted and kept tearing stock orings so I ended up welding an npt bung on and plugging it that way, but I'm going to replace that side of the crossover with a new factory piece and I'm interested in this plug

I guess I wasn't aware Ford uses a special size O-ring. I will wait to hear back from Tousley as to what o-ringss are going to cost me and compare that to some common o-ring sizes are the hardware store.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the guy that was making them a few years ago had them machined for a more generic and available o-ring. yes apparently the ford is a more or less one-off size for this part

tnuce10

Established Member
Does anyone have an o-ring they could measure for me? Either the OEM one or even better the one the other guy was using.

My machinist has my stock plug, so I can't get the measurements off it tonight...the only thing I would be able to measure is the opening in the crossover tube.

tnuce10

Established Member
Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Earl today so it looks like pictures will have to wait until tomorrow.

Sorry guys...

Huff035

Established Member
Does anyone have an o-ring they could measure for me? Either the OEM one or even better the one the other guy was using.

My machinist has my stock plug, so I can't get the measurements off it tonight...the only thing I would be able to measure is the opening in the crossover tube.

Still need a size on that o ring?

Ddawg18

Established Member
In for one

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

tnuce10

Established Member
Alright guys, got the first prototype today. We still have a little work to do to make it perfect but we're getting close. The threads aren't exactly right but I will be picking up another one tomorrow with the tweaks made to correct the issue on this one.
Also, I think we have the o-ring figured out...should know for sure tomorrow.
Lastly, the hex head will be 3/4 on the final product.

Here's some pictures of the first one from today....

photo-22.jpg

photo-23.jpg

photo-24.jpg

Edit: I know there's no hex on this one haha

Last edited:

keith89

Established Member
that is nice. Did you happen to get the correct thread pitch? I'm thinking of getting a hose fitting that i can screw in for bleeding the cooling system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread