New Sound System in my F150

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Said yes to the SUB...lol. Eventually I will replace the mids with better quality, add better alternator and sound deadening to the entire truck. But this should POUND. I got tired of trying to get bass out of the under seat boxes. Two 10"s, four 8's or six 6.5's just aint gonna cut it. This sub is 100 pounds and not easy to pick up..haha. I'm removing the small seat in the back on the passenger side. I can still fit two people back there on the larger seat so no worries.

Titan 8+ Battery
Audio Control LC7i

One Sundown SFB 200.4D for Mids/Highs
Hertz CK 165 Comp up front
Hertz CK 165 Coaxial in rear

Two Sundown SFB3000D's for one 12" Sub @ 1ohm
1 12" Sundown Zv5 Sub / Ported / Down Firing / Custom Box
10_31_2_1.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Finished....sounds great! Did stick with my JL400 on the mids/highs. Still need to tweek the settings after the sub breaks in. The highs/mids are maxing out just as the sub starts to get violent.
subww.jpg

amps.jpg

srt.jpg

dfrt.jpg

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice clean install of the amps! I have run the JL Audio under seat 12” sub for 20 years and it finally locked up the sub. So another JL Audio 5 ch amp and another of their subs. It will last another 20 years and does well. It’s not over the top but it works

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just curious if that much bass overwhelmes the highs and midrange. I have sub-woofers under my front seats (as you had in your F150) and they're fine for me, but I totally understand when you want MORE bass. Just curious about how overpowering a monster subwoofer might be.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just curious if that much bass overwhelmes the highs and midrange. I have sub-woofers under my front seats (as you had in your F150) and they're fine for me, but I totally understand when you want MORE bass. Just curious about how overpowering a monster subwoofer might be.
Not overpowering at all when your mids and highs are also upgraded and are crystal clear at stupid loud levels. I do have some tweaking but the sound is amazing. Absolutely not for everyone’s taste and I didn’t do anything I couldn’t reverse. I think I actually have more room now than before with the underseat box.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
That looks like you installed a coffee table in the back seat. It takes up half the side window. Why not go with fiberglass to make it a more organic install?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That looks like you installed a coffee table in the back seat. It takes up half the side window. Why not go with fiberglass to make it a more organic install?
Fiberglass would have looked amazing and would have given more of a look of a box not even being there. The cost I assume would be crazy. I'm watching a guys build on YouTube and his fiberglass box is over 5K. Would be like putting 10k rims on a 2k car taking this stereo into account. Some people remove both back seats and put a wall up directly behind the two front seats and run four 15's/four18's.(Big MONEY) Some remove both seats and install a sub in the center with seats on either side. I opted against that due to ease of removing the small one, not acquiring another seat and the custom brackets it would take. I can still carry two people in the back and without the other underseat box I actually have more room with the 60 seat up. Another option is I could have cut the bed for a blowhole and put a few 15'/18's in the bed as I have done before. I just didn't want to cut the bed because I trade vehicles usually about the time they are paid off. This seemed the easiest, cheapest, reversible route for what I wanted, no regrets. Not for everyone...I understand that. ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not overpowering at all when your mids and highs are also upgraded and are crystal clear at stupid loud levels. I do have some tweaking but the sound is amazing. Absolutely not for everyone’s taste and I didn’t do anything I couldn’t reverse. I think I actually have more room now than before with the underseat box.
That makes sense. Balance. I would imagine your interior has a nice "vibe". As in it vibrates from the bass. So overall you're happy with the install.
upload_2021-3-7_20-27-22.png

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
$5k to build a fiberglass box for 1 sub?
You can do it yourself in an afternoon/weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread