New, Sort Of

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
Hello to all! Use to be on here years ago with an email that is not in use anymore or even remember the user name. Had a black 98 Cobra back in 2000 though those trees just love to run out in front of you last minute. Been building a 2001 GT since 2001 and as the user name suggest its turbocharged. Still needs a bottom end and better transmission though funds get directed elsewhere every time. I'm sure y'all know the game.

Anyhow, Hello!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome back. Do you have any photos of your 2001 turbo GT project car?

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
mustangg.jpg
mm1.jpg

t.jpg

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
Own this vehicle since 2001. I tried to get as much cool air under the hood as possible. The SteedaQ400 hood I made functional, yet with no operating louvers. The combination of the Steeda, Saleen, and Cobra body parts to me make a clean looking Mustang. The same parts of the GT either retained water or just did not allow enough air for me into the engine bay. I did not install the turbo with the supporting mods for it. This was above my pay scale. A member here did the work, he goes by the name Juiced46.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for posting the photos. Great looking GT, and great looking/clean engine bay.

Wow, so Dave did the work. I know him well. He did a little work on my old '03 Cobra. He has a nice shop in Wallingford. Not sure if he still has it because I haven't talked to him in awhile. Great guy, both personally and work-wise. He knows his stuff and treats every car he works on as if it were his own.

HellionGT

Turbo fun
Established Member
Thanks for posting the photos. Great looking GT, and great looking/clean engine bay.

Wow, so Dave did the work. I know him well. He did a little work on my old '03 Cobra. He has a nice shop in Wallingford. Not sure if he still has it because I haven't talked to him in awhile. Great guy, both personally and work-wise. He knows his stuff and treats every car he works on as if it were his own.

Thank you.

I totally agree with ya. I liked Dave, his work, his work attitude, and knowledge, and experience with Mustangs n Cobras. If you talk to him again tell him I said hello. When LMMC-CT shut down I lost all contact and work stopped on this Mustang. Only trust him to work on it. Last I knew he moved his shop years ago, forgot where too (down the road or so?), and that was it.

He had a thread the build on here many years back though, its gone now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LMMC-CT! I was very active in that club back in the day. 2003-2005

If I do see Dave, I will definitely tell him you said 'hi'!

Users who are viewing this thread