New sled

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a 2023 GLA 45 last Saturday. I was debating between a C43 sedan and this so I test drove both and the GLA won me over. The C43 is more refined, less roomy, and felt slightly tamed. In the GLA on the race mode setting it felt more raw, like I was driving a go kart; I had a big smile on my face the entire time. I’m loving it so far. I’m getting the windows tinted this week and I plan on keeping it stock as it is my daily driver. My commute to work is a lot more enjoyable now.

IMG_2701.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile appView attachment 1795912View attachment 1795913

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Those AMG 2.0 liter motors are awesome. They make amazing power and actually sound pretty good in the right settings. Congrats

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats, that is a really nice DD. I like the steering wheel. More and more vehicles are switching to the one piece, wider displays. Enjoy! (My wife and I will be vacationing in Dan Diego in August. La Jolla to be exact, but we'll spend time downtown, too, by the water.)

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Congrats, that is a really nice DD. I like the steering wheel. More and more vehicles are switching to the one piece, wider displays. Enjoy! (My wife and I will be vacationing in Dan Diego in August. La Jolla to be exact, but we'll spend time downtown, too, by the water.)
Definitely a nice DD. Have to laugh at the irony of the displays these days though. Pass all the cellphone laws then mount a giant iPad in your face.

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member

Thanks Bob, I’m enjoying it so far. La Jolla is the best area to stay in SD and the weather will be nice in August. The downtown area close to the water is a cool spot. We were supposed to drive up and stay in Santa Barbara next weekend for my wife’s birthday but she changed her mind. We’re doing a staycation instead at the Grand Hyatt next to Seaport village in downtown.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know much about the suv version, but id take a CLA45 in a hot second.

Very cool, congrats on the new DD!

SVTDarin

Established Member
I have been looking at CPO 2021 and newer GLA 45 or a GLC 43. I haven't driven the GLA yet as there's not many available near me. Curious... how tall are you? I am 6'4 and think the GLA might be too small.

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely a nice DD. Have to laugh at the irony of the displays these days though. Pass all the cellphone laws then mount a giant iPad in your face.

Yeah, it can be distracting. My wife messes around with the different options while I’m driving. I adjust my settings if I want before I drive and just leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sd03

Car Enthusiast
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been looking at CPO 2021 and newer GLA 45 or a GLC 43. I haven't driven the GLA yet as there's not many available near me. Curious... how tall are you? I am 6'4 and think the GLA might be too small.

I’m 5’9 so yeah I’m short. I think the GLA would be too snug for you. I drove a loaner GLC (regular model) for a couple of days once and I remember it having a larger cabin. IMO you would be better off in the GLC 43. I’m a fan of it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

^this! No joke, attempting to change the AC temp in my wife's outback is more dangerous than watching youtube videos while driving.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, so true. But IMO the large vertical display on Ford vehicles is more distracting because they fit more info, and they're positioned to the right of the driver so it's more distracting when used.

Users who are viewing this thread