Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff Todd!
They definitely are erecting at a good pace. Just in time for the CHC GTG!! lol

Ha! Yessir. There is plenty of room for all of our egos lol

Looking sharp Todd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks brother. I can't wait to start putting in old signs and automobilia. I was going to just say I couldn't wait to decorate it, but I didn't want to sound like half a ***. Ha

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
The building erection was completed today. Gutters and trim pieces were installed and windows were put in.

View attachment 1526046
View attachment 1526047
View attachment 1526050

Next are doors, then building out the bathroom/utility room and electrical wiring. There is still a lot to do but it's definitely close.
I also have to decide about the floors. I was kind of thinking about staining the concrete. I think that could look classy.
What a coincidence! My erection was completed today too!

Looks good Brotato Chip. If I have to, I'll be happy to stay in the Garage Mahal when I come for the baptism.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ha! Yessir. There is plenty of room for all of our egos lol

Thanks brother. I can't wait to start putting in old signs and automobilia. I was going to just say I couldn't wait to decorate it, but I didn't want to sound like half a ***. Ha

Gotta have automobila I have some nothing fancy. Would love an old dealership sign sometime lol. You getting a lift eventually?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Goose’s floor is kinda epic...

Yes, that is something we are looking into. His floor is next level manhood stuff

What a coincidence! My erection was completed today too!

Looks good Brotato Chip. If I have to, I'll be happy to stay in the Garage Mahal when I come for the baptism.

Luckily my pregnant and hormonal wife didn't tear down this erection like she did the others

Gotta have automobila I have some nothing fancy. Would love an old dealership sign sometime lol. You getting a lift eventually?

Old dealer sign, old gas pump, etc.. I wish there was a business around here that sells that kind of stuff, but no luck finding one.

A lift is absolutely going in. I want to wait for the doors and driveway to be completed first

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
Hi,

You have a nice garage in the works, I did the something along those lines last year. I see you are still getting things lined out if I might I'd like to pass along some stuff I've learned along the way.

It looks like your building is insulated in the roof and walls like mine. You may be conditioning the inside with a HVAC setup, If not you should think about some air flow ventilation, in my case I'm going to install vents up front low by the doors and use a exhaust fan up top on a side wall. I've only had condensation once during a drastic temperature change but because of the humidity here I need to turn the air over in the building when its closed to keep things stable.

As some other folks said about the compressor I'm setting it up outside I had a small 6x6 pad added from left over concrete. And I'd do my air lines now before I put alot of stuff in I did 3/4" RapidAire. I ringed the perimeter of the building and setup most of my drops but I can add more if need to later due to rapidaire being easy to work with.

For lighting I spent alot of time on the garage forum checking out the different options out there. I went 5k LEDs that are dimmable I'm old I can't see normally but the LEDs really help with that :).

For your electrical give yourself room to grow I went zones for the lighting so I can have it all on or just a area I'm working in. I did 20 amp 4 gang boxes for all the receptacles and 2 circuits per wall a odd (1,3,5 etc) and a even (2,4,6 etc) receptacle circuit it allows me to add a receptacle later without loading things up to much. I also ran two spare 20 amp circuits to the opposite side of building for future use. If you are going to do any welding receptacles I'd put them in conduit.

Alot of my choices were not cost effective so to speak, but I waited along time to have some place nice to work in. I also remember what I was told when I started working in industry along time ago shits going to break. How hard it is to fix depends on how well it was installed. I've spend alot of time fixing somebody's half assed bullshit to get to the point of fixing whats broken to start with why do that to myself at home :D.

Sorry for the long post Hopefully something here is usefully to you. I'll keep watching as you continue on with this build and complete it I'm sure it will turn out very nice.

KB

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Yes, that is something we are looking into. His floor is next level manhood stuff

Luckily my pregnant and hormonal wife didn't tear down this erection like she did the others

Old dealer sign, old gas pump, etc.. I wish there was a business around here that sells that kind of stuff, but no luck finding one.

A lift is absolutely going in. I want to wait for the doors and driveway to be completed first
We get it, you need to install a lift in an environment that your wife will ignore. She may or may not notice the lift if she walks into the shop.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I hear ya I get so jelly when I used to watch American Pickers and they found all the old gas pumps and such.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi,

You have a nice garage in the works, I did the something along those lines last year. I see you are still getting things lined out if I might I'd like to pass along some stuff I've learned along the way.

It looks like your building is insulated in the roof and walls like mine. You may be conditioning the inside with a HVAC setup, If not you should think about some air flow ventilation, in my case I'm going to install vents up front low by the doors and use a exhaust fan up top on a side wall. I've only had condensation once during a drastic temperature change but because of the humidity here I need to turn the air over in the building when its closed to keep things stable.

As some other folks said about the compressor I'm setting it up outside I had a small 6x6 pad added from left over concrete. And I'd do my air lines now before I put alot of stuff in I did 3/4" RapidAire. I ringed the perimeter of the building and setup most of my drops but I can add more if need to later due to rapidaire being easy to work with.

For lighting I spent alot of time on the garage forum checking out the different options out there. I went 5k LEDs that are dimmable I'm old I can't see normally but the LEDs really help with that :).

For your electrical give yourself room to grow I went zones for the lighting so I can have it all on or just a area I'm working in. I did 20 amp 4 gang boxes for all the receptacles and 2 circuits per wall a odd (1,3,5 etc) and a even (2,4,6 etc) receptacle circuit it allows me to add a receptacle later without loading things up to much. I also ran two spare 20 amp circuits to the opposite side of building for future use. If you are going to do any welding receptacles I'd put them in conduit.

Alot of my choices were not cost effective so to speak, but I waited along time to have some place nice to work in. I also remember what I was told when I started working in industry along time ago shits going to break. How hard it is to fix depends on how well it was installed. I've spend alot of time fixing somebody's half assed bullshit to get to the point of fixing whats broken to start with why do that to myself at home :D.

Sorry for the long post Hopefully something here is usefully to you. I'll keep watching as you continue on with this build and complete it I'm sure it will turn out very nice.

KB

Thank you, that's some good info. You definitely sold me on the LED lighting. thanks for the advice

What's up brochacho? I've only been on sporadically lately

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I put my truck inside to get an idea of scale and finalize where I want things to be. I couldn't get all of the building in the shot, but this should give an idea of how much room I have. I can hide cars in here and not even tell the wife I have them

2u9h7jm.jpg

2mocojs.jpg

I've decided on doors which are ordered. Also, contacted a flooring company and waiting to hear back from them. I'm probably going to go with something similar to @Goose17. I figure since I'm going to try and copy his vehicle purchases I might as well copy his garage too lol

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
What's up brochacho? I've only been on sporadically lately
Yer tellin' me!?! I'm spectacular, thanks for asking. Miss you buddy.

I'm probably going to go with something similar to @Goose17. I figure since I'm going to try and copy his vehicle purchases I might as well copy his garage too lol
That's a high bar to shoot for fer sure.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Yer tellin' me!?! I'm spectacular, thanks for asking. Miss you buddy
I've had a lot going on lately. I hit you up for a drink but I was so tired I fell asleep right after I posted

Looking good Todd, sharp F150 too. Hope all is well.
Thanks Patrick.... all is well man. Hope you're doing good

Will the upstairs storage just be part of the space?
I will be building out a bathroom area and will have stairs leading up. My wife wants the upstairs to extend all the way across the back. Not exactly sure how it will be

Users who are viewing this thread