New Shoes

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Good evening everyone. I need some advice here. I have a 2004 SVT Cobra with 8200 miles on it. The two rear tires (Goodyear F1-GS 40ZR-17) are half the tread size of the front. By the end of summer I will definetly need a pair.

I'm thinking of getting two of the OEM tires. They cost $284.00 each plus tax from Tire Rack. With shipping, $590.00. At the local Sears, $674.00 with tax.

Here's my questions, should I just get the tires rotated, and wear them all out and get 4 new tires? If so, does anybody have any recommendations?

or

Should I just replace the the two worn tires with the OEM tires and be done with it. Personally I think the stock tires look great.

Last edited:

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Yeah, I'm not too hung up on launches. I don't go to the track or anything like that...... Yet at least. If I could afford it, I'd get a pair of Hoosiers...

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If you like the "look" of them, then I guess you have your answer. If you read reviews on THIS board, and on tirerack, pretty much every North American hates them. You could get a much better tire for the same $$$.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
I would say sell yours, go with a rim and tire package, you'll pay about the same for 4 tires but you get brand new rims too.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
I had to replace mine as well and looked at the OEM but they wear too quickly. Like you, I dont bring mine to the track and dont really launch it. So I went with the Goodyear F1 All Season.

They are the only ultra high performance street tire with a mileage warranty and they were a little cheaper than the OEM F1s IIRC. So far they have been an EXCELLENT tire and would easily buy them again.

http://www.goodyeartires.com/eagle/eagleF1AS_features.html

Users who are viewing this thread