New Shoes for the Gettysburg GTG

poiznus03

2010 GT500
Established Member
Finally got my new tires and wheels, just in time for the GTG. I appreciate the words from FISHTAIL and I hope he doesn't mind but I bought the same set. Look forward to seeing everyone Sunday.

Pics:
(top) before stock 275-35-17X9
(bottom) after front 275-35-18 X 9 & back 295-35-18 X 10.5
Front went up 3/4" and rear 7/8". Can't explain the difference. Maybe 9" and 10.5".

Alright I know, I need to lower it. I don't want to go TOO LOW, just a little. Any suggestions???

AFS Wheels - Ebay.
dualshot1.jpg

side800.jpg

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Nice lookin wheels.

Just throwing in my $0.02 but are the wheels on backward? I would think the skinny part of the sipes in the tire on the inside edge should hit the ground first to push the water towards the outside of the car. Plus they get bigger towards the outside making room for more water. But hey, if thats what the tire says, my bad lol.

poiznus03

2010 GT500
Established Member
There is no rotation on the tires however I checked a bunch of places on the internet and they are on right. They look a little strange but................

From the tire seller:

Another great feature is this tire is asymmetrical, which means the tires can be rotated from side to side. This eliminates the tire rotation problems found when using two different size directional tires. The main features for this tire include:

European style by Giugiaro Design
Exceptional gripping power
WIDER than average tread footprint
Rim Protector
Untimate handling construction with sturdy sidewall and bead construction
Speed Rated to 186 MPH
Exceptional handling on wet and dry roads, high course stability
Jointless Tread compound provides optimal grip on wet roads
Low rolling resistance for maximum fuel economy
Minimal noise levels

Rudy

Last edited:

poiznus03

2010 GT500
Established Member
Nope just set the camera, marked the spot, changed the wheels, rolled back and forth to reset the front and rear suspension and shot it again. My cold air is done today so it's like Christmas around here.

Rudy

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I have H&R on mine. I bottom it out all the time. I'm only able to get half a tank for the GTG sunday because I'll have someone with me, and if I get a full tank It'll bottom out everywhere, but I don't drive it that much so its not that bad.If you drive your car is a DD you may want to go with a 1.5" kit instead of a 2" kit.

BTW- Wheels look good! I had those before I got the wheels I have now.

poiznus03

2010 GT500
Established Member
So you can get them in different heights, I'm in. I will order Monday after I look at a few dozen Cobras this weekend. I've put a half dozen sets of springs in GTs and the such but never done an IRS. May need some tips.

Thanks for all the good words. I pick up the JLT cold air intake from my air-brush guy today and I can not wait to see it. :rolling:

Rudy

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
TGS2 said:
I have H&R on mine. I bottom it out all the time. I'm only able to get half a tank for the GTG sunday because I'll have someone with me, and if I get a full tank It'll bottom out everywhere, but I don't drive it that much so its not that bad.If you drive your car is a DD you may want to go with a 1.5" kit instead of a 2" kit.

BTW- Wheels look good! I had those before I got the wheels I have now.

Which H&R's do you have? Race ones don't seem to lower them too much. Especially if you use Aftermarket Iso's..

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
phillySVT said:
Which H&R's do you have? Race ones don't seem to lower them too much. Especially if you use Aftermarket Iso's..

I'll have to check and see. I didn't install them, the guy I bought it from did. I have the info at home in a file somewhere.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
TGS2 said:
I have H&R on mine. I bottom it out all the time. I'm only able to get half a tank for the GTG sunday because I'll have someone with me, and if I get a full tank
Wow, mine just bottom's out while braking after coming off the ski jump at Summit Point. :pepper:
I can't imaging doing it all the time. :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread