new shifter options

forane2001

Established Member
I will be taking my 03 in soon to have the TOB squeal checked and if it is necessary to replace I want an aftermarket shifter. I know a few have been out for awhile and would like some opinions in case I decide to have it switched out during the TOB fix. Thanks:D

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Hey..

Personally I am very happy with my Pro 5.0 shifter. It is my 4th car that I've put a Pro 5.0 in. (ok technically I haven't put it in my Fairlane yet as that car is all apart but.. it will be going in .. right now it rides on the shelf)

Other folks swear by the Steeda... I've never seen any other shifter in person so I can't compare them.

One thing that I did use on this Pro 5.0 is the MGW shifter handle. That made the shifter MUCH more friendly for me. The stock handle was just a bit too short and required just a little more umph to move around than I liked. With the MGW handle I lengthened the throw just a tad and adjusted the knob to where I can reach it easily. Works like a charm. I never had much problem with the throw in the stock shifter.. just the mushy in exact feel.

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
I find the stock shifter pretty good with just the addition of an aftermarket handle, like the MGW.

Many of us like the MGW because of its adjustablity. I modified mine by replacing the bent adjustable peice and replacing it with a straight section. Thus, I have a single bend in my shifter handle rather than the dogleg so common with the aftermarket shifter handles. Her is the pic:

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
I love my Tri-Ax shifter; although, I am going to experiment with the MGW handle next week. I don't have a particular reason for doing so other than curiosity.

Users who are viewing this thread