New rims+315 BFG's What do you guys think?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Well the rims aren't Brand new but I never put the full set on the car . Figure I'll see how I like them for a bit. Also went to the darkside and mounted the 315/35/17 BFG DRs instead of buying my 3rd set of nittos (racing is starting to get expensive). So what does everyone think of these rims?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I personally think you have too much tire hanging off the rim. I would get 10.5s or a smaller tire.

As far as the actual appearance of the rim, I like them.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Thanks. They actually are 10.5 rears though, I measured them before I had the tires mounted. I had a pair of 555R 315 Nittos on the rims before with minimal bulge go figure the BFGs are wider. I only put 32lbs in them, maybe that's why they bulge so much.. :shrug:

stang99

They look too big and sticky. Take them off and put four space saver spare tires on your car immediately. Then, bring the wheels and tires that you took off to my garage for safe keeping. I'll look after them for you. You can trust me that I will not use them since my clutch is toast and I have retired from drag racing!

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTBlackBolt
Looks sweet...can we get a side shot. Also don't they rub? Thanks

yeah... a side shot would be good to evaluate!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTBlackBolt
Also don't they rub? Thanks

Nope, the rears have a deep enough offset that there's approx 1" clearance when the car's on the ground.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
They look too big and sticky. Take them off and put four space saver spare tires on your car immediately. Then, bring the wheels and tires that you took off to my garage for safe keeping. I'll look after them for you. You can trust me that I will not use them since my clutch is toast and I have retired from drag racing!

:lol: :lol: riiiigght ;-) You'll have to come out to the track to "watch" the next time I go. Besides I'll need some help. I'm going to get up the courage to disconnect my front sway bar on my next outing to maximize the new tires. :burnout:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
A coil-over kit with a slight drop and you are set. That front license plate bracket hurts my eyes =>) !

stang99

Yes, Danny Swanson told me that I should disconnect my sway bar at Famoso as it would give me a 10th or possibly two, but I didn't have any tools at the track so I didn't try it. I suppose that your half shafts are also covered by your incredible warranty?

Originally posted by SoCalBlk03
:lol: :lol: riiiigght ;-) You'll have to come out to the track to "watch" the next time I go. Besides I'll need some help. I'm going to get up the courage to disconnect my front sway bar on my next outing to maximize the new tires. :burnout:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by av8tor
Hey, whatcha buuilding in teh garage? In the background of the side view shot?

'87 hatchback. In the middle of a 4 to 8 swap. Trust me it's a lot harder than the magazines make it out to be. Some day I'll finish it.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
sweet looking! damn, 3rd set of nittos? :)

Yeah... I've got more than 150 logged passes in the Cobras. THats not including the timeslips I threw away before I started tracking my times. I averaged 30-40 passes on a pair of 555R's before I'd pitch 'em. Gotta pay to play :burnout:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
I saw a similar set of wheels on a black 03 cobra at LACR. But that was a looooooooooong time agoooooooooooooooooo.

Users who are viewing this thread