New Ride

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Man as much as I absolutely love my 13 GT500, I have been kind of itching to check out a brand new, 2019/20 Hellcat wide body. Its fully loaded and decent power levels at the factory 717 hp. I was actually heading to Lithia Springs to check one out this morning. I was standing on mine pretty good just enjoying the power, and now Im torn. I feel Im ready for a new one every other breath, but then feel like Ive got the perfect car with my GT500 on the other hand. Even just mildly modified (with the basic bolt ons) Im probably making around 675-700whp now.
I had a 2012 SRT 392 yellow jacket and it had ok power and was a tire roasting king at only 485 factory ponies + the basic bolt ons. It was a great car. The only real drawback was the weight, and no cornering capabilities to speak of. Even though the new hellcats are still heavy, the wide bodies have 305’s all the way around and with the optional suspension package it makes for a much better curve catcher than the previous models. They are really tight and fun to drive too. Very stable over 100 mph. I mean more stable than the 13 GT500 too. I do know for a fact that you can kick out the rear and powerslide/drift with far more predictability and control with the challenger. Even my 2012 was very predictable while smoking the skins. To me they look mean as ever too. The hellcat redeye is even badder, but hard to justify the $10,000+ more in cost for a baser model just to get another 80 hp and the chiller for tracking. Just thinking out loud...Here is the link for one I’m at least gonna go check out. What do y’all think? NEW 2019 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT® HELLCAT WIDEBODY

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Don't do it! You HAVE the perfect car with your '13 GT500. GT500 > Hellcat every day of the week! '13 GT500 looks better, sounds better, (with your mods) performs better, and (IMO) handles better. I'm not sure why Dodge felt the need to produce a widebody when all their Hellcats look like they need a diet.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't do it! You HAVE the perfect car with your '13 GT500. GT500 > Hellcat every day of the week! '13 GT500 looks better, sounds better, (with your mods) performs better, and (IMO) handles better. I'm not sure why Dodge felt the need to produce a widebody when all their Hellcats look like they need a diet.

I have both and agree.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So, that is a very nice example. I’d prefer the Redeye, but the WB and auto with good options (gotta have the sound system) and the current financing deals, that’s a great car.
Now, the question to replace your current Shelby is a tough one.
If you’re looking for the best stick shift modern muscle car, our GT500s with the right mods is the pinnacle to me.
If you’re not concerned about the manual trans and want a more modern package, then the Hellcat is an awesome choice.
Two questions:
1) what is the current state of your GT500 and where do you want to make it better? There is SO much potential in a 750-800rwhp ‘13-14 if people are willing to mod smartly and not chase the new shiny model.
2) what do you like most about the Hellcat? Only concern with the car you picked is the 2.62 gears. Remember the HC cars also respond very well to mods and the WB allows you a bigger tire. I personally would ask them to give you dealer cost on the 3.09 diff (they were $1000 range on cost and only 1-2 shop hours—an easy swap on a lift).
Honestly, I can see the attraction to a new model with great financing, but I can’t give up my GT500. It’s so much more raw than the HC.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If I'm shelling out $71K + on a car, it will be on a new GT500. Hold out for a 21 model and get one with no ADM, should me mid -upper 70s.
Honestly I’m guessing if you look hard for a car on the ground, with the Corona craziness going on, you may be surprised at finding an MSRP deal with great financing. 84 mos. at 0% is crazy if they’ll do it on GT500s. By next week if the mass shut down continues, who knows.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
PS OP check Koons when you are ready to buy. He is choking on inventory and giving them away. Also power dollars are in force.
I’ve heard about the Koons deals (usually less optioned models including Redeyes at 4% over invoice?) but didn’t realize power dollars are still going.
I’m still waiting on a Redeye Charger Widebody to bring me back.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe monday.
Seriously good idea to check it out.
I’d suggest walking away that day either way.
If you decide it’s what you want and you walk, I can almost guarantee it’ll help the negotiation.
Hell drive the Shelby up there :)
-J

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I would guess the draw to a Fiat is:
1. TorqueFlite® 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
1d1abf5318f7668c8c6ba7e38ec46536.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As much as I like the Hellcat Challengers, if I was going to spend in the neighborhood of $70K for a car, I'd wait and get a 2020/2021 GT-500 (without the ADM). The new GT-500 is so far advanced overall over the Hellcat Challenger. I'd even be willing to wait to do it. That said, you've got a really nice '13 GT-500. Nice enough to warrant waiting on a 2021 GT-500. But you have to make the choice as far as what YOU want and WHEN you want it. You'll be happy with either choice IMO.
upload_2020-3-29_8-47-25.png

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree with most others if ur gonna go that route go new GT500. Although the widebody Hellcat is pretty dope I cant lie.

Users who are viewing this thread