New ride straight from Munich

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
22 M3 comp xdrive.

Front end looks better in person…much meaner. It’s growing on me.

The new motor is a BEAST. Interior is great and it seems to be on rails. The car is very connected to the driver as you would expect. Looking forward to getting through the break in period.
01638326610.jpeg
01638326607.jpeg
01638326604.jpeg
01638326601.jpeg

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Hideous front end, but sharp from all other angles. I stopped buying Nazi-wagons a few years back, but appreciate the engineering that goes into these vehicles. I lust over the older M3s and newer Audis, but continue to buy American where I can. I think my all-time favorite car is an E46 M3, with my current GT350R as a very close second.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats! That is one awesome sedan. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds! Yeah, I'd say that motor is a beast, for sure. Did you have any difficult ordering one? With the new car situation being what it is. I've adjusted to the new front end. When I first saw it, I absolutely hated it compared to the previous gen. But I'm fine with it, and am actually starting to like it. I see it as a bold statement. Enjoy!

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
Congrats! That is one awesome sedan. 0-60 in 3.4 seconds! Yeah, I'd say that motor is a beast, for sure. Did you have any difficult ordering one? With the new car situation being what it is. I've adjusted to the new front end. When I first saw it, I absolutely hated it compared to the previous gen. But I'm fine with it, and am actually starting to like it. I see it as a bold statement. Enjoy!
Thank you. I think the x will go sub 3 seconds. We will find out in due time.

I started in July with my local dealer. They finally agreed to order it and put the order in the system in August. My rep never turned in my order. Little scatterbrained I think. I’d have to say it was pretty normal after that. I received a week 40 allocation, it was built week 40, hit a boat couple weeks later, and then landed in GA 11/09. Then I Had to wait for a stop sale which was related to semiconductor shortages to be cleared at the port. Extra 2 weeks. Seems nearly all of them are affected and some have sat with the stop sale for over a month. I got lucky.

There’s no dealing on these. I paid msrp less $500 loyalty. I have never ever ever paid msrp. I was happy to this time.

quad

Established Member

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
head-tilt-CherylMaeder-UpperCutImages-GettyImages-73666698-56a26b515f9b58b7d0ca0733.jpg

Kingblack trying to figure it out. J.P. but lol at the sideways pics, sick car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you. I think the x will go sub 3 seconds. We will find out in due time.

I started in July with my local dealer. They finally agreed to order it and put the order in the system in August. My rep never turned in my order. Little scatterbrained I think. I’d have to say it was pretty normal after that. I received a week 40 allocation, it was built week 40, hit a boat couple weeks later, and then landed in GA 11/09. Then I Had to wait for a stop sale which was related to semiconductor shortages to be cleared at the port. Extra 2 weeks. Seems nearly all of them are affected and some have sat with the stop sale for over a month. I got lucky.

There’s no dealing on these. I paid msrp less $500 loyalty. I have never ever ever paid msrp. I was happy to this time.
Well, glad everything worked out for you. Waiting the extra two weeks due to the semiconductor shortages wasn't too bad.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I had 2 E90s, and an F80 M3's, I was on a crash course with an F80, just could not warm to the overall size of the car, and the grill. So last winter with out any planning wound up with an M2CS. Both of our sons have E46 M3's. We have far more Fords, but for sure have an appreciation for M cars.

However there is mot much to debate about the G8x's performance. Enjoy the car, and post pix! At least colors (ext and interior)?

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
I apologize about your necks. lol

I had 2 E90s, and an F80 M3's, I was on a crash course with an F80, just could not warm to the overall size of the car, and the grill. So last winter with out any planning wound up with an M2CS. Both of our sons have E46 M3's. We have far more Fords, but for sure have an appreciation for M cars.

However there is mot much to debate about the G8x's performance. Enjoy the car, and post pix! At least colors (ext and interior)?

Pics added and rotated a full 90 degrees.

The E46 was my favorite M3. I had 3 over the years. I had an E92 for a while. It made lovely noises and was fantastic. I had the F82 year one...Did not enjoy. It was a wild animal with ZERO traction. F80 comp fixed most of the problems and it was a great car. Looks like fun for the whole fam around the specracer house.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Sweet M3. I owned an E46 M3 manual which I bought new backin the day. I was second on my local dealers list for a G80 M3C for almost a year back in '19. To be honest when I started seeing the spy photos of that front, I jumped ship to a new RS5 Sportback. Ive been very happy with it. Its not as much the drivers car as the M3, which I do miss though.
I think I saw a youtuber got a 0 to 60 in a 2.9X in the M3C Xdrive. No question they are legit performers.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Is that Toronto Red / Sakhir orange interior? For sure not subtle. Obviously you did not opt for it, as you have a Comp, but glad 3 pedals are still available on the M3.

Funny that an Audi is mentioned, I had 2 S4's before the M's, and switched exactly what is referenced above, that the Audi is more of a "grand touring" ride, where the M's are a bit more driving focused (vs comfort).

Enjoy your new M!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the loudness of the interior. Not 100% on the grille, but the rest looks great.

I have as close to no BMW experience as possible, but people all over rave about the M line, so they must have something going right.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The front end still has to grow on me. Other than that it's a badass car.

Do you still have the trackhawk or am I confusing you with another member on here?

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
Is that Toronto Red / Sakhir orange interior? For sure not subtle. Obviously you did not opt for it, as you have a Comp, but glad 3 pedals are still available on the M3.

Funny that an Audi is mentioned, I had 2 S4's before the M's, and switched exactly what is referenced above, that the Audi is more of a "grand touring" ride, where the M's are a bit more driving focused (vs comfort).

Enjoy your new M!

Thank you. It’s Kyalami Orange. SO is a bit more red. It’s a lot to chew on visually that’s for sure. My last M was a M5C lci which was black on black. I am kind of tired of subtle.

The front end still has to grow on me. Other than that it's a badass car.

Do you still have the trackhawk or am I confusing you with another member on here?

I did. I had a silver with red leather TH. Beast of a thing. I offloaded that a while back. It was a great ride. My dad had one up until about 3 months ago that I got to steal when I needed a fix.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm a BMW fan.

The front end looks absolutely horrid. Reminds me of a Alfa Romeo Giulia for whatever reason.

2022_alfa-romeo_giulia_sedan_quadrifoglio_fq_oem_1_1600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread