New premium member

ToddW702

Established Member
I made this in the new guy section (I think) because I just upgraded to premium member. I don't post much but I read a lot and have found so much knowledge and information on this site. SVT has taken place of me watching most of the news. It fills any down time I have and, I enjoy the conversations and appreciate the information being passed along.

SVT is a special place for sure. I don't have any other source of social media so I imagine there are other places to go and chat with people but I don't think a group like this exist anywhere that I know of. When I open the forum on my phone I know I'm going to have a good time reading the back and forth between the regulars, the one liner jokes, and just general giving the other guy a hard time like I grew up doing with my friends. It feels like hanging out with the fellas. But if you have a serious question about your car the people on this forum will help get it answered and it will be a good answer that someone has most likely already done and spent the money and did the research on. It is not a place for the fragile. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm surrounded by fragile people everyplace I go it seems so it's nice to see people give it to you straight.

It is also a motivator to see the people on here doing what they do. There are some very well off people who are a part of this forum and it is cool to see what they have going on and what type of car they are going to get next or what they are going to do to their car next.

I just moved to Texas from AZ with a short pit stop in Las Vegas to hire a manger for my business before getting out of there. The west coast is dead to me and I'm very happy here in Texas with my grass. My neighbors introduced themselves and offered to help me unload my moving truck. Their wives offered to cook dinner for us for the first few days since our house was a mess from unloading it is the opposite of anywhere I have lived before. It took me back at first and I asked my wife why the neighbors are so dam nosey. She laughed and just said it's southern hospitality. This is a stark difference from Las Vegas and even the neighborhood I lived in AZ. Needless to say it will take some getting used to because my brain is defaulting to them just trying to get info to use against me. I guess LV made me defensive like that.

My son 20 and daughter 10 will make Texas their home and make their families here, I will raise them to do the right thing and keep Texas as Texas was when we got here. From this day forward the Watson Family is a Texas family. Yeehaw Mother ****ers.

I'm between Greenville and Rockwall for anyone close. Can't wait to go to some car events soon. Thanks to all of you from Texas who talked up the state. I was sold when Gov. Abbot made mandating masks illegal.

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 91

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Wat's up Todd? Welcome to Texas brother. It really is a great state. I'm so far out west we are almost not considered Texas, unless it comes time to collect taxes. Then we are definitely Texas LMAO!!

So, you're basically in East Dallas. My daughter lives in North Dallas. When ever I go out to see her I'll be sure to give you a heads up. Maybe we can meet up one day.

Oh, and don't be startled by your neighbors. It is nothing more than southern hospitality. You have been officially welcomed and your neighbors will definitely help you out. So long as you bleed Red LMAO! You are deep in Trump country my friend.

My wife and I recently took a trip to Austin and they still had Trump sings up in their yards there. I felt right at home LOL.

Welcome to this great state. I believe you made a wise choice for you and your family.

Texas.JPG

ToddW702

Established Member
Thanks brother. For sure let me know if you come this way.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Welcome to Texas! I was born in Stinkadina and spent many years there throughout my childhood and Military Career. Close to Whataburger? Best thing on Earth....well close anyhow!

Users who are viewing this thread