New potential buyer.. questions?

Mwynn

Established Member
Car finally showed up yesterday.... drove it over some local mountain roads... all I can say is Wow! Very impressive car. Like everything about it... raw race car! Didn't push it to hard with 17 year old tires. Alot more quiter than I expected... almost too quiet. The exhaust had a sulfer smell almost like the cats were clogged up, IDK. Does anyone have or make an off-road X pipe?

TFStang

Established Member
Car finally showed up yesterday.... drove it over some local mountain roads... all I can say is Wow! Very impressive car. Like everything about it... raw race car! Didn't push it to hard with 17 year old tires. Alot more quiter than I expected... almost too quiet. The exhaust had a sulfer smell almost like the cats were clogged up, IDK. Does anyone have or make an off-road X pipe?
Congrats. Stock exhaust is pretty quiet. You can try looking for the Bassani cat back (they also made a cat less model), but finding one won't be easy. Enjoy the car. They are lots of fun.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Glad to hear it showed up. Time for a bunch of pictures!

"Raw race car" is an accurate description. I dig it.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Stock is very quiet. Bassini is the only easily bolt on option. Very hard to find, but does make it sound a lot better.

Mwynn

Established Member
Drove the car about 100 mi this weekend, inspected the entire car last night.... can't find anything really wrong.... totally mint. The only things that need addressing are things from lack of use. It blurted out about a cup of coolant from the rad cap closest to the radiator this morning upon warm up. Going to go through the whole car and change all fluids and thermostat. As far as the exhaust, I think I will remove the catted xpipe and have my exhaust guy fab up a nice h-pipe into the stock borlas. That will give it a nice rumble. Oh, anyone interested in the stock tires pm me. %70 front, %20 rear tread left.

Goose17

Established Member
Drove the car about 100 mi this weekend, inspected the entire car last night.... can't find anything really wrong.... totally mint. The only things that need addressing are things from lack of use. It blurted out about a cup of coolant from the rad cap closest to the radiator this morning upon warm up. Going to go through the whole car and change all fluids and thermostat. As far as the exhaust, I think I will remove the catted xpipe and have my exhaust guy fab up a nice h-pipe into the stock borlas. That will give it a nice rumble. Oh, anyone interested in the stock tires pm me. %70 front, %20 rear tread left.

...trying to visualize what that would all look like... WAIT! Can't we post pictures here...? :D

Mwynn

Established Member
Yes pics can be posted! Been trying for the last hour... says file to big, yet it's only 2.3 megs.... just use your imagination for now.

Mwynn

Established Member

Goose17

Established Member
Yes pics can be posted! Been trying for the last hour... says file to big, yet it's only 2.3 megs.... just use your imagination for now.

You can either upload small pictures to this site directly or use a 3rd party image hosting site with a link for large pictures.

I imagine your 00R is pink with a brown fuzzy dash. :p

Mwynn

Established Member
See no pink ice cream paint job.... but I will be installing a fuzzy dash and custom air ride... oh.. I think I can fit 4 15" subs in the back seat... plenty of room. But serious, draining the coolant system now. That front spliter has really got the front facia sagging down. It just popped right off.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
There are a number of threads in the past regarding the splitter and how the downforce can literally tear the front facia off at higher speeds if not reinforced. If it is sagging, take some time to study what is going on. You may need to do some repairs.

Tom

Mwynn

Established Member
Yes, I read about some of those fixes... I figure out a solution. For now I will leave it off while working on the car. It does make the car look way faster with it on.

Unit41

I am also new here and am really looking at the 95 or 00R's. Leaning more toward the 00R. I see prices all over and was wondering what a good price would be? I know it would vary depending on the miles but didn't know where the break points would be.... There are 2 00Rs I am looking at....

I DID watch NMP1's videos and they were immensely helpful. Thank you for that!!

Last edited:

nmp1

Established Member
At this point expect to pay in the 40k range for a 00R

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions

Mwynn

Established Member
I am also new here and am really looking at the 95 or 00R's. Leaning more toward the 00R. I see prices all over and was wondering what a good price would be? I know it would vary depending on the miles but didn't know where the break points would be.... There are 2 00Rs I am looking at....

I DID watch NMP1's videos and they were immensely helpful. Thank you for that!!
Welcome.... alot of good information from these guys on this site. I bought my 00 a few weeks ago. Did some price research first, alot of variance in prices. Ultimately ask yourself what your going to do with the car. I found mint condition ones with 150-300 miles in the low 60s. These cars just need to stay preserved. I wanted one to drive. So, I found one that was almost flawless with 2500 miles for 40k.... to be driven and enjoyed. So glad I purchased this car opposed to a mass produced gt350r... Good luck.

Unit41

Welcome.... alot of good information from these guys on this site. I bought my 00 a few weeks ago. Did some price research first, alot of variance in prices. Ultimately ask yourself what your going to do with the car. I found mint condition ones with 150-300 miles in the low 60s. These cars just need to stay preserved. I wanted one to drive. So, I found one that was almost flawless with 2500 miles for 40k.... to be driven and enjoyed. So glad I purchased this car opposed to a mass produced gt350r... Good luck.

Yeah, I read through your process on this thread. That guys video is meticulous...
I think that you shipped yours? How much, what distance, how did it ship/get delivered?

Users who are viewing this thread