New Personal Best (Stock[ish] 2003 Cobra)

4601S/C

Established Member
Went out to a test n tune today. Weather was great, had a new intercooler pump on it, and track was pretty sticky. I never intended to use this car much at the track, but it's so much fun it's hard to stay away. All I ever wanted to do was get a 12.9 and I finally did it! Tires are Sumitomo HTRZIII. I know I can get more out of it, but that's an adventure for next season:burnout:.

Mods:
-Flowmaster cat-back
-Manley Platinum 8.5:1 pistons
-SCT x3 canned tune
-drop in filter
xc15.jpg

Scottcba1

Established Member
Nice times....get yourself some sticky tires(DRs or slicks) and drop that 60' and really see what it can run! Buddy of mine had a 2003 Cobra yrs ago with DRs and catback ran 12.4. 60' is key. Good luck!

-Scott

ctgreddy

Established Member
nice times for the mods/tires! Now my next question is why is it so stockish? with those pistons that thing's begging for more power! tires, pulley, and midpipe would knock right around a second off!

4601S/C

Established Member
Nice times....get yourself some sticky tires(DRs or slicks) and drop that 60' and really see what it can run! Buddy of mine had a 2003 Cobra yrs ago with DRs and catback ran 12.4. 60' is key. Good luck!

I'm pretty happy with the tires I have, but I did line up against a GHIG 5.0 on one of the 13.0 runs. He cut a 1.7 60ft, and walked me down the track. When I saw how hard he left the lights I was shocked to see how the numbers translated into seeing it!

-Scott

nice times for the mods/tires! Now my next question is why is it so stockish? with those pistons that thing's begging for more power! tires, pulley, and midpipe would knock right around a second off!

I'll be dumping money into power mods in a year or two hopefully.

Congrats! Loving the 12.9's on street tires with stock boost!

Thanks. I was pretty surprised by the 1.9 60'. I didn't think these tires would hold up to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread