New PB, still no 10`s

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
LMK how the dry ice works out for you. I have been scared to try it because as it reacts with water it makes carbon dioxide and if its sealed in the IC system where is all the carbon dioxide (the white fog that is such a hit at Halloween parties) supposed to go? I would assume that I would need some sort vent in my ice tank... Anyone try it?

chancejat

Established Member
i wouldnt do ice, i would just wait till its a little cooler outside, ive always believed you should run as its ran on the street, except for maybe some dr's for traction.

2002BOSS

Established Member
Time slip..

314695_185672508175542_100001983826376_396964_1190650078_n.jpg

Set up is.

3.0 upper 4lbs lower (cogged)
Ported TB, Plenum and blower
JLT CAI
2800 SCT Maf
Bassiani Mid lengh headers
Off road H pipe Cat back deleted
Stock T-56 and clutch (RIP)
Stock GT rear end with 3.73's (soon to be RIP)

Sniper Tuned by me

Tobular K and GT passenger seat as a driver seat to drop some weight.

2002BOSS

Established Member
LMK how the dry ice works out for you. I have been scared to try it because as it reacts with water it makes carbon dioxide and if its sealed in the IC system where is all the carbon dioxide (the white fog that is such a hit at Halloween parties) supposed to go? I would assume that I would need some sort vent in my ice tank... Anyone try it?

No, you build a tank with a coil in it.. I build them at my shop all the time.. :rockon:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
i wouldnt do ice, i would just wait till its a little cooler outside, ive always believed you should run as its ran on the street, except for maybe some dr's for traction.

What's the point? Some of us don't street race, so that doesn't matter to us. We are looking for the best times possible. If adding ice to the intercooler box is part of that, then it is what it is.
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion as well :beer:

2002BOSS

Established Member
More info on this please

You want me to give away my trade secrites? lol

Its like a killer chiller in a way.. The Ice doesnt cool the water it cools the Aluminum or Copper around it.. Dry Ice is just colder and doesnt use any power...

I am still testing the prototype. Give me 2 weeks before production starts lol

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
You want me to give away my trade secrites? lol

Its like a killer chiller in a way.. The Ice doesnt cool the water it cools the Aluminum or Copper around it.. Dry Ice is just colder and doesnt use any power...

I am still testing the prototype. Give me 2 weeks before production starts lol

I have often thought about using dry ice but was't quite sure how to do it.
I am going through 100lbs of ice per event keeping my car cool in Florida.
Do have any pics of the prototype?
Do you need a tester in hot climate?

2002BOSS

Established Member
I have often thought about using dry ice but was't quite sure how to do it.
I am going through 100lbs of ice per event keeping my car cool in Florida.
Do have any pics of the prototype?
Do you need a tester in hot climate?

Dry ice is way colder and lasts longer. I just need my clutch lol. I ll be posting data when I get it and if all works good I ll be selling them at bottom dollar. I ll keep ya updated. I m more looking for what my IAT changes will be thro a Run and Hot lap..

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Dry ice is way colder and lasts longer. I just need my clutch lol. I ll be posting data when I get it and if all works good I ll be selling them at bottom dollar. I ll keep ya updated. I m more looking for what my IAT changes will be thro a Run and Hot lap..

I am very curious about your results and the ease of operation with this set up.
My clutch goes in this weekend.
It finally died at Bowling Green.

2002BOSS

Established Member
Dont worry you will get your 10! Icing will help alot, i usually see a gain of almost two tenths and two mph when iced well.

I hope soo! I m just worried about the stock rearend now lol.. It was hot out on the weekend, hoping it will be alot colder out also.

Users who are viewing this thread