new pb @ MIR 22NOV14, N/A 3V doing work

lindermant

Established Member
22NOV14 rental @ MIR

9aug2_zps7ebdc2a7.gif

2005 mustang gt
21,xxx miles, K&N CAI, steeda udp's, frpp shorty headers, stock h-pipe and cats, frpp GTA mufflers, 5spd manual (stock trans/clutch/shifter)

93 street tune - Woodbine Motorsports
302 rwhp / 317 rwtq

strange single adjustable front struts, gt500 strut mounts, cobra jet front springs (m-5300-q), front sway bar and bracket removed, UPR radiator support, stock 2pc drive shaft, front/rear drive shaft safety loops

metco UCA/UCA mount/LCA's, pinion angle set to -2 deg, strange single adjustable rear shocks, cobra jet rear springs (m-5300-q), frpp bump stop kit, comp engineering adjustable panhard bar, comp engineering pandhard bar brace, BMR relocation brackets, frpp 4.10 gears, LPW diff cover, eaton truetrac diff, removed passenger seat and rear seat back/bottom, short accessory belt bypassing power steering pump, insulating wrap on cold air intake tube

15x4 Weld RTS with M/T ET fronts
15x8 Weld RTS with M/T ET street bias ply rears

3490 lbs race weight with driver, helmet, 1/4 tank of gas, gutted trunk, pass seat and rear seat back/bottom removed (3265 lbs w/o driver and helmet)

12.095 @ 111.08, 1.576 60'
DA was -1895 ft per drag times da calculator for the first run, and it warmed up for subsequent runs.

22nov14_test_and_tune_MIR_zps5c832642.gif

Would've loved to have run an 11.9999999 today, but I'm thrilled with the car thus far. I'm confident I'll hit 11's next year, I've got all winter to plan my attack. I think dropping a bit more weight and getting a race tune should do it :banana:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Awesome for a 3V! I wish we could get some of that D/A down here! It get's a little negative but never anything like that! Sucks to be so close to a number yet so hard to obtain!

lindermant

Established Member
Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Was awesome watching you launch that thing off the limiter. Your car really impresses me for the amount of power it makes. Looking forward to watching you next year with it.

-Leonard

lindermant

Established Member
Awesome if you did, thanks for the bbq too lol
waiting for Ben to edit/upload the vids. I got two runs for sure, fingers crossed I got your last (best) run.

Very nice!! Congrats!!
thanks!

very nice and I think you could do it with a good cool down and a little race fuel or a race tune
thanks man, I think a race tune is in my future

Was awesome watching you launch that thing off the limiter. Your car really impresses me for the amount of power it makes. Looking forward to watching you next year with it.

-Leonard
thanks Leonard! Have you diagnosed the car yet?

Prototype007

Established Member
This car truly shows what a 3v can do if people just try to work at driving/suspension/weight instead of worrying about peak power numbers!

Other than weight and further tuning, any other plans during the winter?

lindermant

Established Member
This car truly shows what a 3v can do if people just try to work at driving/suspension/weight instead of worrying about peak power numbers!

Other than weight and further tuning, any other plans during the winter?

thanks man! I picked up a poly diff bushing for the top of the rear end housing; if the OEM rubber piece is torn up I'll swap that out this winter. And I have a raptor shift light I need to install.

No plans for any engine work, but I'll probably swap my 4.10's for 4.56's - that will put me closer to my rev limiter in the traps with my 26" tire.

I may also swap out my Strange single adj rear shocks for Strange double adj.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
thanks Leonard! Have you diagnosed the car yet?

No, hope to have a few minutes to look at it tomorrow after I get home. We know for sure I broke the inner passenger side axle. As for the leaking coolant it appears to be coming from my intercooler coolant system. I noticed the reservoir was half empty when I got home; just have to figure out where its coming from. Good news is the motor is fine, bad news is its leaking out the back side of motor and there are no lines for intercooler system back there. Only thing we can think of is I broke the intercooler itself some how and its draining out the back of it.

lindermant

Established Member
No, hope to have a few minutes to look at it tomorrow after I get home. We know for sure I broke the inner passenger side axle. As for the leaking coolant it appears to be coming from my intercooler coolant system. I noticed the reservoir was half empty when I got home; just have to figure out where its coming from. Good news is the motor is fine, bad news is its leaking out the back side of motor and there are no lines for intercooler system back there. Only thing we can think of is I broke the intercooler itself some how and its draining out the back of it.
hope it's something simple Leonard!

clc44

Established Member
Solid runs! Any plans on adding LT's and o/r mid pipe? I'd like to think that's another 15-20 RWHP and would get you into the 11's. Very impressive nonetheless.

lindermant

Established Member
Solid runs! Any plans on adding LT's and o/r mid pipe? I'd like to think that's another 15-20 RWHP and would get you into the 11's. Very impressive nonetheless.
thanks!

I still have to deal with emissions - so for now the exhaust will stay as-is. Swapping to 4.56's and a bit more tweaking of strut/shock settings might help me sneak into the 11's.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Keep up the great work!

Throw some Vikings on that thing. Hard to beat the pricing on them right now - theyre basically SA priced.... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread