New PB for my bolt-on NA 3.7 V6 Mustang

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Went to a track rental at MIR this past Friday with my bolt-on NA 2011 Race Red 3.7 Mustang.

I was able to run a new PB 60 foot of 1.700 and a new PB ET of 12.609 @ 108.39 MPH on drag radials. My PB MPH is 109.86.

I just missed breaking the NA 3.7 record which is currently at 12.596.

I started the day running with my 26x10.5x15 MT ET Street bias ply tires but on my 2nd pass of the day I got a hole in the right rear tire. Fortunately I had my drag radial set of tires with me. They are 295/45/17 MT ET Street drag radials and are 27.5" tall, which is 1.5" taller than my bias ply tires.

The DA on my 12.609 pass was around +600 feet. I really think that if I could have ran the bias ply tires all day that I could have beaten the record. I will have to get back to the track after I get my tire patched and try to catch a cool day at VMP and try again for the record.

Here is the time slip:

IMAG0824_zps229b2868.gif

Here is a picture of my car launching on the bias ply tires:

IMG_10711_zps40ffcb3b.gif

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Very nice. Looks like you have "a little" body roll coming out. Slight amount of wrinkle on that sidewall too.......

Thanks! :beer:

That picture was taken on the pass where my right rear tire went flat. I had 16 pounds of air in the rear tires when I heading to the starting line. I had a 1.717 60 foot and then the car started swaying pretty bad on the top end of the track. When I got back to the pits the tire was almost completely flat.

Quick69

Established Member
nice job on the pass, I need to test drive a 3.7 to see how a hi po v6 feels

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
nice job on the pass, I need to test drive a 3.7 to see how a hi po v6 feels

Thanks!! :beer:

Make sure and try to find one that has the optional 3.31 gears in it. The 2.73's are VERY long winded and don't give a good feeling of the power that the car has.

3.73's should have been a factory option on the 3.7's!

REPCobra10

Established Member
Great pass, OP! I am thoroughly impressed with the performance of the 3.7's. By the way, I love that license plate--QWICK 6...:beer:

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Nice pass, i was there with my dad, i had to tell him like 5 times your car was a v6

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Great pass, OP! I am thoroughly impressed with the performance of the 3.7's. By the way, I love that license plate--QWICK 6...:beer:

This car was originally bought as my wife's DD and we both were really surprised how well the it ran, especially after we added just a couple of mods to the car!

My son has a black '12 #.7 Mustang and his license plate says 'Fooln Ya' which is very appropriate for these cars!!

Nice pass, i was there with my dad, i had to tell him like 5 times your car was a v6

I know what you mean, we have people all the time at the track asking if they are V6's? Once I tell them that it is a V6 then they start looking around for nitrous lines!!

Which car was your dad's? Is he in MACA?

LOL! A lot of people are in denial of what the 6's can do in the Mustangs nowadays...:beer:

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member

I know what you mean, we have people all the time at the track asking if they are V6's? Once I tell them that it is a V6 then they start looking around for nitrous lines!!

Which car was your dad's? Is he in MACA?

His car is a black 03 cobra, plate says 03kobra. Ran a 10.36 on his second pass but snapped the tensioner pulley arm doing his burnout on the 3rd pass, also broke the belt. Mike Rousch did the work on the car so thats who he came to the track with. I was there to watch him run and hangout with some of the guys from S197

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
His car is a black 03 cobra, plate says 03kobra. Ran a 10.36 on his second pass but snapped the tensioner pulley arm doing his burnout on the 3rd pass, also broke the belt. Mike Rousch did the work on the car so thats who he came to the track with. I was there to watch him run and hangout with some of the guys from S197

I remember seeing those plates. 10.36 is very stout!!

I know Mike Rousch from another forum and stopped by and said 'hi' to him. He does the work on a friend of mine's (Danny) white '14 GT that was at the track rental.

Users who are viewing this thread