New owner of a 00 SVT contour

lowproki

Established Member
Hey guys I just picked up a SVT contour yesterday for 600 bucks.

Paint is burning off and faded but ill get that solved.

The Bad is it dosen't turn on its something with the fuel. I sprayed carb cleaner thru throttle body and turn on right away. The owner said they installed New fuel pump and still nothing.

He told me that mechanic said it was 2 things:

High pressure unit or fuel pressure regulator.

Any help would be nice thanks

RichR

Established Member
Congrats on your new ride. You saved another one from the junk yard.

Did you check all the fuses? Do you hear the fuel pump go on when you turn the ignition? Fuel filter? Did you check the schrader valve? You might have air in the fuel line. I had this issue with mine. Let some of the fuel out fro the schrader valve and see if there is air in the fuel system. If the car turns over after that may be it.

Jtmaze

I just got the same car & ran fine for a week then the wife started up today & it died & wouldn't start back. Sprayed fuel in the air intake & it starts & runs fine until you turn it off then no fuel. Does the fuel pump power go thur the oil pressure switch on these cars like everything else, if so anyone care to point me where to start looking. I noticed an oil leak that I haven't had time to run down while changing a strut & lower control arm(bought the car wrecked with no body damage just suspention.) Any starting point would be helpful. By the way, this thing is a beast for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread