New Orleans

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I know there have been threads in the past about NOLA...but I need the quick and dirty.

I generally know the season in which my wife’s birthday falls. Turns out it’s next month and it’s her 35th. So what I thought would be a chill dinner somewhere is not going to be.

It’s a 9 hour drive to NOLA, we’re gonna to go there on a Saturday morning and leave Monday morning. NOLA has never been a place I particularly want to go to (the wife wants to), so I have zero clue what to do.

We aren’t big bar/club people. All I know is she wants good food (beignets in particular) and **** if I know what else.

So good places to eat, stay, do?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I forget the hotel we stayed at. It was nice bourbon street and such. We went in 2011. They say be careful at night. @STAMPEDE3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
We aren’t big bar/club people. All I know is she wants good food (beignets in particular) and **** if I know what else.
Go buy some frozen bread dough and make your own for a lot less money and it will taste the same.

There is zero reasons i can think of to go to NO and it's about 35-40 min from me.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Go buy some frozen bread dough and make your own for a lot less money and it will taste the same.

There is zero reasons i can think of to go to NO and it's about 35-40 min from me.
I see people recommend coming to San Antonio and the river walk all the time and I find it boring as hell. Much like you the novelty of the place has worn off. But the wife wants to go to NOLA so...

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
B Street smells like the back if a nasty garbage truck until you drink yoyr sense of smell into oblivion.

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
My parents just returned. Riverboat dinner cruise, Segway tour and airboat tour was what they did. Seemed to have a good time.

It's been years since I last visited so not much use.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I hate NOLA, stopped by on our way back to Houston from Pensacola back in June. The city is just ****ing dirty, only spent a night there, my wife was the one that insisted we stop. FWIW stayed at Harrahs and that was nice.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
My parents just returned. Riverboat dinner cruise, Segway tour and airboat tour was what they did. Seemed to have a good time.

It's been years since I last visited so not much use.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
That sounds like fun. Got any links?

Coiled03

Established Member
Bourbon street is ****ing disgusting

Im not an oyster person at all but the charbroiled oysters at Dragos are to die for.

Yeah, if you like seafood at all, it's hard to go wrong. Just pick a place and go.

I'd definitely do a river boat cruise, and an airboat tour as well. Aside from that, there's the usual touristy stuff, e.g. the French quarter, etc.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Copeland's is a good restaurant.

Try the shrimp ducky.

As for Cafe duMonde beignets......Panini Pete's in Mobile, AL has the best I've ever eaten.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Come through Galveston on your way over so i can see your truck

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Just spent the last 4 nights in the city. (I live about an hour outside the city)
Charbroiled Oysters at Drago's is a must. Everything else on the menu is good too.
A few will say no but Cafe DuMonde bignets and coffee are hard to beat.
Yes, unless a big rain comes and washes it off really well Bourbon stinks but it is still a cool place to see at least once in your life.
Drunk or Sober, breakfast at Daisy Dukes is great.
Where do you plan on staying?
PM me if you wish.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Now she wants to keep it simple and do a B&B closer...wtf?! Woman drives me nuts sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread