New numbers yesterday

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Went to the dyno with my race car and got some new numbers. Dyno was a loaded type dyno called a dyno dynamics dynamometer.

All said and done the car made 389 rwhp and 326 Tq.

I'm very happy to see the engine is making even better power now than it did when brand new on the dyno. The main thing I was very happy to see was the 17 ft lbs of Tq the tuner found. That will really help out of the corners.

4.6l .020 11:1, 90mm maf, 39# inj, fr500 c/i, ported c heads, Mac lt headers, o/r x

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Its not the one that mounts to the hub with the tires off right?

Nope it is just a loaded dyno like a mustang dyno. Tires were on the rollers.

Good numbers. Is that what you needed for your racing class?

I need to chop hp, but I really think the stock ported intake will do just that and gain some more tq in the process. I don't rev the car high enough to take advantage of the FR500 short runners.

I cant say enough of how awesome Chris was to work with at Wichita dyno, the car was on the rollers from 10:30am until 4:30pm! He did an awesome job and was very meticulous in making sure the car was right on.

Last edited:

po-po 5.0

Established Member
What's the shape of the torque curve look like? That's a great peak number, but area under the curve is important!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Tq curve is flat but doesn't peak until 5500 rpm. This FR500 intake is great but I still think the ported stock intake would be perfect for this engine.

I'll post the dyno sheet when the tuner emails it to me.

shurur

Established Member
Tq curve is flat but doesn't peak until 5500 rpm. This FR500 intake is great but I still think the ported stock intake would be perfect for this engine.

I'll post the dyno sheet when the tuner emails it to me.

I thought porting was not really effective, but rather a SRI of 10.5"..like an 1.5" cut that moved the curve up a bit and made it fuller across the RPM.

NASVT??

Also, are you running Cams??

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Porting alone isn't that effective but I'm also building to a rule set that limits hp to weight. If I could chop hp and gain Tq I would be in great shape. 350/350 would be about perfect.

FR500 cams.

BMR Tech

I think you will notice a large kick in the pants with the TQ curve of the stock runner intake. Not that peak gains in TQ will be great, but the curve should change drastically.

My guess is 365-370~rwhp and about 345-350rwtq with the ported stocker.

I had a ported stock intake on my last engine, that was a Mach 1 longblock...with Cobra Intake Cams, and it made 346/331.

If you are still up on power with the stock runners....advance those cams a touch, and watch your curve change magically. ;)

shurur

Established Member
Porting alone isn't that effective but I'm also building to a rule set that limits hp to weight. If I could chop hp and gain Tq I would be in great shape. 350/350 would be about perfect.

FR500 cams.

I understand now..thanks

Users who are viewing this thread