New nitrous pb

1quick

Established Member
2014 gt mods are off road h pipe, jlt intake, 4c converter, upper and lower control arms, Viking shocks, and a nx plate kit on a 100 shot et street pro's, last years best on the stock converter and stock shocks was 11.2

07E36C95-CE28-4E43-859E-E767513CA1B6_zpsjmlhnef0.jpg

5lho

Established Member
Gives me hope for my 100 shot setup which is a stock auto car with just the 100 on top. I think mid-low 11s are possible on my slick tire but, haven't had the chance to track test it yet.

bunits19714

Established Member
congrads for your PB- but something is way off- either the tune is pulling timing on the big end or you let off the throttle- you gained only 21.26 mph on the big end should of been closer to 25-26 at that 1/8 mile et- your 1/8 mile and 60' are decent. You need to log for your tuner- maybe your bottle was low- not sure but something is not right- easy 10.50 when you get it figured out. best of luck.

1quick

Established Member
There was an 8-10mph head wind I don't know how much of a difference that makes but even my n/a passes on my n/a tune were lower mph than I expected

bunits19714

Established Member
usually that might make 1-1.50mph difference. how far was your na mph off? what was the da- ? da affects na times more the your fi times.

1quick

Established Member
Last year the car ran 12.4 on motor with the stock converter at 114mph this year it ran 11.9 at 114,I figured I would pick up a little mph with the converter it was 1100da last weekend when I made the runs, last year on the stock converter the mph was exactly the same on the stock converter and spray but I picked up .4 in the 1/4, this tune has been data logged several times and adjusted by Lund but I believe it's set up very conservative

Kiohtee

Established Member
I don't know, that looks like a nice real world time to me (i.e. not the hero run everyone likes to post). :shrug:

I have an '11 GT (M6, Track Pack, leather, etc.) and with only a Pypes O/R H, GT500 axle-back, 100 shot and the 15" LMR SVE Drag wheel/tire combo:

Untitled by Zachary Hisel, on Flickr

350lb driver @ 1,300' DA.

Last edited:

t660

Established Member
Nice run. Makes me excited to get my system installed. Just gotta carve out some time to actually do the work :/

5lho

Established Member
Do it, don't be lazy! I got severe inflammatory arthritis and I got this done in a weekend. It's part of the reason I picked up a nitrous kit, easy install. You can do this; it's easy!

t660

Established Member
Thanks, I've got some time this weekend. I'll hopefully be able to knock it all out.

Was there anything that was especially difficult?

1quick

Established Member
not really, if your decent at wiring it goes quick, i did the nx kit, wot/window switch and a bottle heater in a day and that was hiding the whole kit and wires, switches mounted in the center council, I got a fuse tap thing with a wire coming off it to use an open fuse spot that only works with the ignition on so you cant run the bottle heater when the car is turned off, actually everything is wired up to not work when the ignition is off, finding that open fuse spot was the hardest part but there was a thread on here that pointed me in the right direction and i just used a volt meter to figure out the rest on my own

Last edited:

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i would be happy with a 10 sec. slip with a 100 shot.congrats.i just got a lund tune last week and love it.

Turbo06gt33

Established Member
I think something might be off too. I'm a full bolt on NA auto and trap in the 120s. Tune and exhaust I went 117. Either the head wind was the strong, bottle pressure was low or car was pulling timing.

1quick

Established Member
Bottle was full, headwind was 10ish mph, not sure on the timing being pulled but I was running 104 unleaded so it shouldn't have been pulling timing the tune was done on 93, it's getting re tuned right now on e85 from a different tuner so I will see if that make a difference

5lho

Established Member
I don't think it's off that much based upon the DA and assuming it's a full weight car. This car would trap 117 on the motor at best. You have 1100 da into a headwind which will sap a mph or two out of it. I think the car can make 125 set up like this on a good day but, probably not much more. The ET is great, for the low mods so, you're getting a to b really well, which is what really matters.

Users who are viewing this thread