New nitrous numbers

Nick@HSW

Established Member
Hey guys, got some new pics of the S-197 kits finally installed as well as some dyno numbers. The car was a bone stock auto 07 Mustang GT and the max we wanted to spray was a 125shot due to the stock fuel pump. For those of you that missed the first post, this is using our new mustang plate. Enjoy.

Nick

Mustang%20Plate.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited:

Nick@HSW

Established Member
We're still working on price, but figure it will probably be around what our LS1 plates go for...$499.99 for the sudden impact series (pictured) and $599.99 for the Brute Force version (custom colored hoses, larger solenoids and a higher RWHP rating). I will keep everyone posted as things progress. Thanks!

Nick

blueovalfan

Established Member
I have never used nitrous and wonder how it would work with a stick car? Does it spray for a period of time and go off on its own, or does it only spray when you're pushing the button? Can you get out the nitrous between shifts, if not what happens IF you miss a shift (I don't miss shifts LOL, but just in case)?

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I have never used nitrous and wonder how it would work with a stick car? Does it spray for a period of time and go off on its own, or does it only spray when you're pushing the button? Can you get out the nitrous between shifts, if not what happens IF you miss a shift (I don't miss shifts LOL, but just in case)?

I don't want to take away too much to this thread, because those are some great results with that kit.

I have the Zex kit specific for the S-197 and am currently spraying a 100 shot. With the Zex kit and their window switch you will ONLY be able to spray when the throttle is 100% (which is nice). Even if your throttle is 99% open, the kit will not spray. Also, their window switch does a couple things. First, it allows you to engage and disengage the nitrous system at YOUR DESIRED RPM range (it is not recomended to spray below 3,000 RPM or close to redline). Even with your throttle wide open, if you're below the desired RPM it will not engage. Secondly, the Zex window swtich features a "skip shift" feature, which allows you to choose what gears you want to spray in. If you know you're not going to get traction in 1st gear, you can actually program the window switch to only spray in 2nd-4th gear (for example).

If you have any other questions about nitrous kits, you can PM me man.

Nick@HSW

Established Member

There's always a first for everything! We generally recommend using the WOT switch included in every kit or the built in TPS switch in the MicroEDGE controller to use the nitrous in a safe manner. It will only activate the solenoids when you are wide open throttle and if you let off the throttle to shift it will de-activate the nitrous. Another option I recommend is a window switch, such as our MicroEDGE controller. It will only allow the nitrous to be activated at safe RPM levels (ie 3000rpm to 100~200 rpm before redline). There are also multiple "smart" gear lock outs if you don't want to spray in certain gears. For example you want 0 nitrous in first, one stage of nitrous in second, 2 stages in third and 1 stage in fourth, its possible with the MicroEDGE. The MicroEDGE will also control up to 2 stages of nitrous. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call! Thanks.

Nick

Last edited:

Nick@HSW

Established Member
I don't want to take away too much to this thread, because those are some great results with that kit.

I have the Zex kit specific for the S-197 and am currently spraying a 100 shot. With the Zex kit and their window switch you will ONLY be able to spray when the throttle is 100% (which is nice). Even if your throttle is 99% open, the kit will not spray. Also, their window switch does a couple things. First, it allows you to engage and disengage the nitrous system at YOUR DESIRED RPM range (it is not recomended to spray below 3,000 RPM or close to redline). Even with your throttle wide open, if you're below the desired RPM it will not engage. Secondly, the Zex window swtich features a "skip shift" feature, which allows you to choose what gears you want to spray in. If you know you're not going to get traction in 1st gear, you can actually program the window switch to only spray in 2nd-4th gear (for example).

If you have any other questions about nitrous kits, you can PM me man.

lol beat me to it.

Nick

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
lol beat me to it.

Nick

Hahaha sorry Nick. Throw a boost-a-pump in there! What plugs are you guys running with that run. Are you worrying about melting a plug with anything greater than a 100 shot?

I would love to run more but my tuner says I could melt a plug. I don't see how with 2 step colder plugs.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I have run a 175 shot on my stock bottem end 302 in my 91 LX. I had 2 step colder plugs (NGK V power) and had them gapped at .035 and never burnt a plug. Of course it wasn't an 05 up car though. I've run nitrous for years and plan on still useing it. When I get more miles on my 08 I plan on useing nitrous on it.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
I have run a 175 shot on my stock bottem end 302 in my 91 LX. I had 2 step colder plugs (NGK V power) and had them gapped at .035 and never burnt a plug. Of course it wasn't an 05 up car though. I've run nitrous for years and plan on still useing it. When I get more miles on my 08 I plan on useing nitrous on it.

You also have to remember that non-modular bottom ends don't have brittle and weak rods. :)

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
You also have to remember that non-modular bottom ends don't have brittle and weak rods. :)

I know the new modular motors don't have as good of bottom ends as the pushrod motors do. Thats the reason I said it wasn't the 05 up car though. In 91 they still had the factory TRW forged pistons in it.

Nick@HSW

Established Member
Hahaha sorry Nick. Throw a boost-a-pump in there! What plugs are you guys running with that run. Are you worrying about melting a plug with anything greater than a 100 shot?

I would love to run more but my tuner says I could melt a plug. I don't see how with 2 step colder plugs.

We were running the autolite HT0's. Not too concerned with melting anything on the 125 shot, when we pulled the plugs they looked great. :banana:

Nick

S197man

Established Member
I'm really starting to get interested in this kit...

But I've NEVER used nitrous, and something inside of me is afraid. Someone convince me that my pitsons/rods/bearings won't get trahsed by using nitrous.

My car is a 5speed auto, with bolt ons. Makes 295 rwhp/ 305 tq.

Do you think I could SAFELY make 420-450rwhp?

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
We were running the autolite HT0's. Not too concerned with melting anything on the 125 shot, when we pulled the plugs they looked great. :banana:

Nick

That's good to hear. Considering I have two step colder plugs, I might up the shot.

Nick@HSW

Established Member
I'm really starting to get interested in this kit...

But I've NEVER used nitrous, and something inside of me is afraid. Someone convince me that my pitsons/rods/bearings won't get trahsed by using nitrous.

My car is a 5speed auto, with bolt ons. Makes 295 rwhp/ 305 tq.

Do you think I could SAFELY make 420-450rwhp?

Just as if you were using any other power adder...when used in a safe manner you really don't have much to worry about. This is the exact reason why we introduced the MicroEDGE controller. Its a fairly inexpensive route for keeping your a/f in check. If it drops lean or if it goes rich (wideband sensor only) it will kill the nitrous. If you have any other worries or concerns feel free to send me an email or PM. I hope this helps clear the air a little?

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread