New Mustangs

The Bone

Established Member
I have been reading a lot about the new cars and Super Duty's and I am finding a lot more electronics being installed into our cars . They are even installing modem's in them cameras all around. The new mustang's computer is unshakable and if you do hack it Ford can shut your car down. Not to mention the price. My dealer has a new GT500 listed @ $103,000. Then there is the $30,000 ADM. Its a beautiful car but the prices are nuts. Most dealers are not ordering stock right now so when the total EV's hit the market they won't have ICE cars they are forbidden to sell. So there is a supply problem caused by dealers not having cars which has caused the used car market to explode. It's getting nuts out there folks.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I never thought I'd see the day where you would have to hack and cars computer and run the risk of having someone shut your car down. How is that even legal?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I never thought I'd see the day where you would have to hack and cars computer and run the risk of having someone shut your car down. How is that even legal?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I would guess " they " could argue it's " their " intellectual property..
intellectual property (noun)
  1. a work or invention that is the result of creativity, such as a manuscript or a design, to which one has rights and for which one may apply for a patent, copyright, trademark, etc.

OX1

Established Member
I would guess " they " could argue it's " their " intellectual property..
intellectual property (noun)
  1. a work or invention that is the result of creativity, such as a manuscript or a design, to which one has rights and for which one may apply for a patent, copyright, trademark, etc.

That would mean I can't modify any product I buy that might be under some kind of patent? Not that I don't agree, they may get away with it anyway. The courts in this country are mostly BS now.

Users who are viewing this thread