new mods, need new clutch

noslo50

Established Member
Hey all,
I installed my mods last night(manaflow catted-h,cat-back,2.8 pulley,CA,chip,mass air meter) an a set of bfg drag radials. we took it out for some runs and it ran like a skunk but i noticed after them i was getting distinct clutch odor, now tonight i ran a couple of friends and at the end of the second run the smoke was billowing out of the drivers wheel well now i didn,t slip the clutch at launch but it started in the upper rpm under boost. So does anybody know of a good upgrade clutch that can handle the abuse of the extra boost? Jerry

f4sfed

Established Member
I'm curious...your mods don't seem any more radical than a LOT of other people's on this board. Do you think your car was abused before you got it? Or maybe a defective clutch?

noslo50

Established Member
I don't think it was but you never know it had 7 miles on it but i never noticed any slipage with the stock tires and stock pulley but mine did have the sever chatter when it was brand new but it went away after 200-300 miles( i noticed alot of posts with this). I did put on a new set of 315/35-17 drag radials but they actually spin off the line and it isn't until upper rpm that it will spin but anyway i need a replacement so any ideas?

noslo50

Established Member
Does anyone know what spline the T-56 has? I am tring to find a replacement but it is sunday and having no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread