New Mods, and...LIMP MODE

DUCE400

Established Member
Ladies and Gents,

I recently added my first mods to my 2012 GT500, I have had a few problems in the last couple of weeks some I resolved and others are still lingering. The biggest problem I have been having is under moderate acceleration and rolling onto the gas (EX. merging onto a busy highway) my car has been going into limp mode. Turning the car off and on clears the problem but it does effect my overall ability to drive. Also while in limp mode there are no other codes that my SCT can pick up, based on my research this indicates a possible problem with the throttle body or throttle position sensor, or possibly the tune I am running. List of mods below.

JBA off road H pipe
Outlaw axel back
JLT CAI
metco 2.6 SC pulley
Metco Aux idler pulley
new spark plugs heat range 6
Ford twin 65MM cobra jet throttle body
BAMA tune...Yes shame on me

Before you guys rip me up, I am aware that BAMA tunes is not popular in the community, and I am currently considering going with someone else if they cant help me out. I have several other companies in mind, all that being said let me cover what has been done thus far.

I did a complete data log (including WOT with no issues) to include capturing my car going into limp mode and sent that back to BAMA, after about 72 hours they produced a refined tune, which did not solve my problem. I contacted them again Friday and was informed that I have to wait until Monday for someone to review the issue. So.... short of it being the tune (which it very well may be) what else could cause this fault? I inspected the CAI (including MAF), throttle body and vacuum lines all of which seem to be assembled properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this thing is driving me nuts. Again I am already cultivating possible options to replace the tune, but I am curious if I am missing something.

thanks guys!

RedZR

Established Member
Ladies and Gents,

I recently added my first mods to my 2012 GT500, I have had a few problems in the last couple of weeks some I resolved and others are still lingering. The biggest problem I have been having is under moderate acceleration and rolling onto the gas (EX. merging onto a busy highway) my car has been going into limp mode. Turning the car off and on clears the problem but it does effect my overall ability to drive. Also while in limp mode there are no other codes that my SCT can pick up, based on my research this indicates a possible problem with the throttle body or throttle position sensor, or possibly the tune I am running. List of mods below.

JBA off road H pipe
Outlaw axel back
JLT CAI
metco 2.6 SC pulley
Metco Aux idler pulley
new spark plugs heat range 6
Ford twin 65MM cobra jet throttle body
BAMA tune...Yes shame on me

Before you guys rip me up, I am aware that BAMA tunes is not popular in the community, and I am currently considering going with someone else if they cant help me out. I have several other companies in mind, all that being said let me cover what has been done thus far.

I did a complete data log (including WOT with no issues) to include capturing my car going into limp mode and sent that back to BAMA, after about 72 hours they produced a refined tune, which did not solve my problem. I contacted them again Friday and was informed that I have to wait until Monday for someone to review the issue. So.... short of it being the tune (which it very well may be) what else could cause this fault? I inspected the CAI (including MAF), throttle body and vacuum lines all of which seem to be assembled properly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this thing is driving me nuts. Again I am already cultivating possible options to replace the tune, but I am curious if I am missing something.

thanks guys!

Hi!
Fail Safe Mode?
I had a similar issue after I upgraded to a TVS blower on my 2008- I could hold the RPMs around 2k and the moment I hit the gas it would fail- no codes either.
My tuner blamed the stock throttle body and I switched to the FRPP one and had the car's tune remotely changed by Lund at that seems to have fixed it.
I have read that there is something about torque tables in the engine software that get exceeded with power adders and when the programmed values are exceeded the tune shuts the car down. I specifically asked Lund about this and they blamed the throttle body as well.

Since its fairly easy to change, you may want to switch the throttle body back and see if it continues.

Good luck!
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread