New Mexico Pros/Cons?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
So looks like I'll be flying out next week for work to see if I want to move.

Carlsbad/Artesia area.

Pros/Cons? Good food? Things to do out there?

99-venom

Established Member
I lived most my life in northern New Mexico. The economy is heavily reliant on natural gas, its not doing so well right now, but it comes and goes. There's tons of oilfield roads all throughout NM on BLM land, so off road motorsports are a popular pass time. Anything with hatch chili is awesome. Other than that, NM is a pretty state to drive through...

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I lived most my life in northern New Mexico. The economy is heavily reliant on natural gas, its not doing so well right now, but it comes and goes. There's tons of oilfield roads all throughout NM on BLM land, so off road motorsports are a popular pass time. Anything with hatch chili is awesome. Other than that, NM is a pretty state to drive through...

I work in the oil industry so that's where I'll be is all on those roads all the time haha

99-venom

Established Member
I work in the oil industry so that's where I'll be is all on those roads all the time haha

The most important thing to carry on your truck is a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat bolted to one side and the bottom removed from the bucket. You'll thank me later, lol.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I Just moved back to NM in the Albuquqerque area (Rio Rancho). I love living out here. Plenty to do outside, beautiful landscapes, and not a lot of people (coming from Phx Az). Im happy.

All food with Green Chile is good. State question: Red, Green or both with that?

oldmodman

Established Member
Drove through it once. Very pretty in some areas.

Good hot food.

Didn't see on single cop on the road. Must have been lucky. Had my Kawasaki up to 175 a few times. Was young and dumb. As opposed to today. :rollseyes

vortecd

Established Member
To me Denver was living in the middle of nowhere so no way would I want to live in New Mexico

If you are happy with the goings on in the area you should be good. I like having many big cities around so theres more to do in a few hours drive

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Thought you liked Denver. NM seems like a downgrade to me, but most of what I know about New Mexico I learned from watching Breaking Bad. I have however been to Denver several times and would love to live there.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
If you get a chance to be in the Santa Fe area, head to Rancho de Chimayo up in Chimayo, about 25 minutes North from downtown Santa Fe. It's an excellent New-Mex restaurant worth the small drive out of town.

rz5.0

Established Member
Been around the whitescity, Carlsbad area. It sucks.. All the oilfield (county)rds are crap.. Once you go into the dirt (county)rd you'd be in the middle of nowhere. The only thing I've ever heard about was the blue cactus.. I'm guessing that's the spot in Carlsbad..

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I live in NM now, it's ok. Pay is low and there is a lot of poverty and not that many jobs. Your car will be slower due to the high DA, but there are a lot of nice people here.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
I live in NM now, it's ok. Pay is low and there is a lot of poverty and not that many jobs. Your car will be slower due to the high DA, but there are a lot of nice people here.

Fortunately the car is already dog slow lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Con - It was super cold sleeping in my car hauler hauler at a truck stop.
Pro - The sunrise the following morning was beautiful.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
Colorado and NM have the best mexican food period. One thing i noticed is that the Indians are some nasty, filthy creatures. Stay as far away from the reservations, and Gallup, as you can. i have often thought about moving to Albuquerque to be closer to family in Denver, but get scared when i think of cold weather.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Colorado and NM have the best mexican food period. One thing i noticed is that the Indians are some nasty, filthy creatures. Stay as far away from the reservations, and Gallup, as you can. i have often thought about moving to Albuquerque to be closer to family in Denver, but get scared when i think of cold weather.

Yeah I worked on the reservations in North Dakota was disgusting.

Right now I'm looking at places in Carlsbad and Artesia area. Dont want to be too far from Hobbs

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yeah I worked on the reservations in North Dakota was disgusting.

Right now I'm looking at places in Carlsbad and Artesia area. Dont want to be too far from Hobbs

It's tragedy of the commons. They don't own reservation land individually, so they have little incentive to improve and maintain their property.

Users who are viewing this thread