Habu7108

Established Member
If thisIthis ishis thesthe wrong section, I apologize. I've good things about this forum, so I thought I'd join. Last July I finally got my dream car, a Shelby gt500. I am the seventh owner. I have a Carfax, autocheck, and a window sticker for my car. Mods are as follows
Jlt 123
2.6 metco upper
10% lower
Kooks 1 7/8 headers
Kooks catted x pipe
Muffler delete
3.73 rear gear
Jlt catch can
Vmp tune
Car has 76,000 miles
I did a compression test (dry cold) and got some numbers
1 150
2 150
3 145
4 145
5 130
6 130
7 140
8 140
I'm asking for tech regarding these numbers. Neither Chilton's or Haynes has numbers for these cars. Does anyone have access to a service manual? I'm not expecting stock numbers due to mileage. I refuse to pull plugs on a warm engine due aluminum heads. My plugs weren't fowled, or discolored. They all looked the same. I have pics to show status. Thank you in advance.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the site

there’s so many variables on a cold compression test. The cylinders on each bank are under 10% different, the bank to bank variance is likely just cam timing variance.

I wouldn’t be concerned

Habu7108

Established Member
Welcome to the site

there’s so many variables on a cold compression test. The cylinders on each bank are under 10% different, the bank to bank variance is likely just cam timing variance.

I wouldn’t be concerned
What caught my attention was that two cylinders next to each other were the same.

Users who are viewing this thread