New member with a new to me 2012 GT

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
I picked up a 32k miles, 2012 Mustang GT, M82, base with the Track Pack as the only option. Bought it from a friend who ordered the car new in 2011. My friend installed RTR 19" wheels, Steeda struts/shocks/lowering springs, adjustable panhard bar, GT500 steering wheel and axle back exhaust. The car is almost flawless with no dents, dings or scratches, it has a rock chip or two in the front bumper.

I wasted no time and threw a Dynavin N7 in it, broke a personal record and modified a 'new' car within 3 days of purchasing it.

Plans for the future include 13-14 Premium Cluster swap, 13-14 taillights, short throw shifter, stainless brake lines, FRPP X pipe, and a catch can.

I'm also interested in a 2018 intake swap, has anyone here done it on a mostly stock 2011-2014 manual? If so, were you satisfied?

Also pictured is my 1998 GT that currently does not have an engine. I built a max effort NA Boss Block 2v stroker (332 ci) and sold it before installing it. I'm thinking about building it as a dedicated drag car, trying to decide between a coyote or godzilla swap with a big turbski. A streetable 9.00 car would be the eventual goal.

Bonus points if you find BLOWNLX in my pictures.

1630292871021.jpg
Polish_20210918_173955793.jpg

Last edited:

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Skip the intake as you’re giving up moreso on the lower end in terms of torque. As well as the after x pipe (changes sounds only). Instead add gears + either o/r pipe OR LTs. Then get with Lund, VMP, or PBD for a remote tune.

FJohnny

Established Member
Got the 'BLOWNLX'.

Nice car! Good get.

Take a long look at the taillight conversion. I had considered the same for my previous '11 until I saw one with the swap. The housings are not the same shape and the piece that fills the gap really stands out.

The 11-12 look really is okay.

As to all the rest, realize that you quickly end up spending more than what a good blower kit costs. And in the end you still eventually realize that you need the blower anyway.

With a S/C installed you won't need shorter gears, intake, etc. Just axle backs for sound. Many kits will have a tuner included. Same price, 3 or 4 times the increase in power, torque and FUN.

Even better if you don't have the cash right now. You get to enjoy your new ride, save for a bit and enjoy a brand new ride again when the blower goes on.

Congrats on your purchase.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There's something special about white Mustangs. And...welcome to SVTPerformance. Have a blast with it. And good luck with your future plans for your '98 GT.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Got the 'BLOWNLX'.

Nice car! Good get.

Take a long look at the taillight conversion. I had considered the same for my previous '11 until I saw one with the swap. The housings are not the same shape and the piece that fills the gap really stands out.

The 11-12 look really is okay.

As to all the rest, realize that you quickly end up spending more than what a good blower kit costs. And in the end you still eventually realize that you need the blower anyway.

With a S/C installed you won't need shorter gears, intake, etc. Just axle backs for sound. Many kits will have a tuner included. Same price, 3 or 4 times the increase in power, torque and FUN.

Even better if you don't have the cash right now. You get to enjoy your new ride, save for a bit and enjoy a brand new ride again when the blower goes on.

Congrats on your purchase.
I agree. I just did some of the stick on trims for the rears on my '11. Much cheaper than the swap and looks decent.

Also, agree on the blower. Much better cost to performance in the long run. Unless you have/want to stay na in the long run.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Florida could be an option for you. Or maybe TX. I'm outta here next year but not because of covid mandates.
FL and TX are tempting but I would prefer to stay close to my parents. AZ is the most likely destination, I really like Cave Creek and already know people there.

Dumb **** Sisolak ruined NV for me.

Users who are viewing this thread