New Member w/New Cobra & Pics

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I purchased this Cobra about a month ago at a dealership just southwest of Chicago. This is my first manual car, but I haven't had any problems because I also ride a motorcycle. Tons of fun and it just made the decision on a sunny day to either ride the bike or go topless a lot harder. Hope you guys like the pictures. You may also notice my old sixer in the garage on one of the pics.

pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]
pic.php
[/URL][/IMG]

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Congrats!

Congrats on your purchase. I'm in Eau Claire so not far away. What kind of bike do you have? I have a Ducati Monster and it is a ton of fun on nice days. I am sure the vert makes the choice tuff on a nice sunny day. :coolman:

One word of advice on these cars, they all seem to drink alittle oil. My 88 5.0 and my 99GT never drank a drop, this car (while it runs like a top and sounds great) drinks about a quart every 3,000 miles and seems to be the norm on these DOHC V8s. Just keep an eye on the dipstick and add oil as needed. Most 99 owners run about 6.5 quarts in their motors.

Let the modding begin! :-D

Last edited:

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Thanks a lot guys. It helps that my uncle is a mechanic so he has helped me look over a lot of stuff, but I will pass the oil message along.

I have a '02 Kawasaki Ninja EX250. It's only a 250cc, but it get great gas mileage and makes up for the Cobra. So far I have been driving the Cobra, when usually I would ride, but I can't help it. It's so fun! I was looking at a new bike, but I found the Cobra instead and couldn't pass it up. If you ever get down here give me a shout.

As far as modifications go, I can't really afford any right now because I'm going on a cruise next year so I have to save for that. I'm not really sure what to do first, but I do have subframe connectors, MGW shifter, intake, exhaust, and wheels/tires on my list to get when the time comes.

Any suggestions?

LIZARDBREATH: There used to be a blue coupe for sale with '00 Y2K rims on them for sale a year or so ago and I must say that if I couldn't find a red one I would denfinatly go blue.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Cool

That's cool man. I sold my Kawasaki Ex500 2 years ago, for the money they are great bikes.

Get the subframes for sure. Maximummotorsports makes great ones.

MGW shifter (I can't say enough good things about it) makes driving much more fun. Just be sure to get the gasket from shiftergaskets.com. It makes the install much easier, cleaner and keeps the shifter quiet.

If you haven't already checked into it (and you are looking for something constructive to do with your Cobra) ...you may want to check out your local sports car club www.scclac.org and get involved in autocrossing. It's the most fun you can have in your Cobra without a girl! :thumbsup: I have some friends in the mnautox and so I drive over there to do their events. It's a good time though and you get to meet other guys who like to go fast.

Enjoy the Cobra!

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Thanks again!
I have one quick question: Why do some Cobras have a snake in the front grill and other do not?

SVTRocket: Do you have any other pictures of your car with the lightbar from different angles? If you need my e-mail let me know.

zapman

Established Member
Congratualtions!!! I'm uping from a 6'er to an 01 cobra vert!! zinc yellow!

my trade in is awsome 10,900 for my car with 56k miles on it!!

I'm picking mine up on wed. she has 15k on the clock! Gah I can't wait!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
InvisibleBlade said:
Thanks again!
I have one quick question: Why do some Cobras have a snake in the front grill and other do not?
all cobras come with a pony in the grill stock. some of us, or the previous owners, simply bought the snake grill emblem as an aftermarket item. they are available online or any mustang parts stores. if you get one, make sure and get the one that the mouth faces the driver's side. that is the "correct" one. hope this helps!

FSP ASP

Established Member
my 01 came with the pony in the grille. Replacing it with the snake was one of my first three appearance mods (behind bullitt pedals and painting calipers)

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
zapman said:
Congratualtions!!! I'm uping from a 6'er to an 01 cobra vert!! zinc yellow!

my trade in is awsome 10,900 for my car with 56k miles on it!!

I'm picking mine up on wed. she has 15k on the clock! Gah I can't wait!

what year was your V6? Thats much for a trade in is good. My '02 V6 has 36k on it, I wonder how much I could have gotten if I did a trade in?

Users who are viewing this thread