New member, old visitor

mrdrummerman24

What's up everyone. I've been on SVTP quite a few times but never made an account until now. I started out with a 1998 Laser Red/pink(ugh) GT and later moved up to a 2007 GT (don't hate me), and have since moved on up to my 2001 Mineral Grey Cobra. I can say without a doubt that the cobra is definitely my favorite so far. I never imagined buying a 99-01 cobra seeing as how my eyes were always set on 03/04, but what started as me posting my old Acura TSX for trade to a friends nitrous 3v as a joke on Facebook turned into me owning this one. Long story short a friend of his was looking to get out of a payment and have a backup car, so he saw my comment and messaged me and the next week I ended up bringing this Cobra home. Still getting used to a few things although I'm not new to the sn95 chassis. The IRS is a learning experience and the 4v is new to me as well.

A little information about my car
2001 Mineral Grey Mustang Cobra
89k miles (bought with 85k)
H&R Race springs
JLT color matched cold air intake
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears
Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter (hate it)
SVE 10th anniversary reps 17x9/10.5 with 315s in the rear.
03/04 Cobra front bumper
Bassani o/r x pipe
Borla Stingers
IRS Bushings

The car was well taken care of and the previous owner only put 2k miles on it in the two years he owned it before I did.

I've been having an absolute blast in this car and am totally in love with it. I'd definitely like to do a few things to it this spring and summer to get it where I'd like it. Some planned mods are new wheels and some stickier street tires, lower the car some more, longtube headers, terminator spoiler and rear bumper and side skirts, clean up the engine bay, IRS Bracing, have it sent off to Blankenship here in KY to be tuned, and eventually some sort of power adder.

I'll definitely be cruising through the forum pretty often looking for answers to questions.

Thanks for welcoming me

Dustin

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"Welcome" as an official SVTP member! And congratulations on finding your '01 Cobra. Sounds really nice. Post a photo when you get a chance.

Recon

Established Member
Welcome to the party, glad you could make it.
Nice to a fellow bluegrass guy here.
Let's see that Cobra!

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

mrdrummerman24

16992466_10203174653524160_8547146510839438971_o.jpg
For some reason the image didn't want to upload when making the post on my phone, but here's a couple pictures of the car!

Users who are viewing this thread