New Market Rules

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
1) This section is for posting your own items. Third party sales, such as “I’m posting for a friend”, or “look what I found on eBay” are not allowed.
2) Prices are mandatory.
3) No “testing the waters”. You are either selling your item or you’re not.
4) No cross posting. Posting your item in multiple sections will result in ALL your threads for that item being removed.
5) External links such as, Ebay, Auto Trader, Craigslist, etc will be allowed at the bottom of your thread as long as you meet all the other requirements.
6) Photos of the item are required.
7) At least one photo must include your username and date, handwritten, on a piece of paper or index card with one of your items.
8) Comments about the price or condition of an item are prohibited so long as that information has been disclosed by the seller.
Express your concerns privately if you think the price is too high.

Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in the immediate removal of your thread. If your thread is removed, there will be no notification or explanation sent. You may re-post the item, providing your new thread conforms to the rules stated above, however failure to re-post in accordance of the rules may result in a suspension or removal of your Market privileges. All other SVTPerformance Forum Rules still apply.
This is not a rule, simply advice as scammers have been searching lately.
It is strongly advised to not buy from someone through PM only. If they respond to a WTB add then make them do so publicly.
It is also strongly advised to not post your number in a WTB thread where someone who is not a member can contact you on the side.
You are opening yourself up for scammers.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We leave the threads open and here in the event there's a issue with the buyer, seller or item so they can come and reference the thread.

TFdriver

Established Member
Posting pictures of items for sale.

If you are just going to remove my posts because I can't figure out how to post pictures on the site here, how about answering my messages to the admin requesting help trying to post the pics. In my most recent post for my Alcoa wheels I am trying to sell I even asked for help in the post and all you people did was remove the post and offer nothing in the way of help. If you took the time to find my post and remove it you could have taken a minute and offered some help. I have been a member here since 2009 and can't get any help here. Not very friendly, and the site itself is far less than user friendly. This is by far the most difficult site I have ever tried to post a picture too. Maybe the site needs a bit of updating so that users can post directly to the site like most other sites.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You've never even messaged me for help, and it may not have been me who moved them. Try this below, or host on Photobucket or similar. Then just copy and paste the "IMG" link into your thread.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you are just going to remove my posts because I can't figure out how to post pictures on the site here, how about answering my messages to the admin requesting help trying to post the pics. In my most recent post for my Alcoa wheels I am trying to sell I even asked for help in the post and all you people did was remove the post and offer nothing in the way of help. If you took the time to find my post and remove it you could have taken a minute and offered some help. I have been a member here since 2009 and can't get any help here. Not very friendly, and the site itself is far less than user friendly. This is by far the most difficult site I have ever tried to post a picture too. Maybe the site needs a bit of updating so that users can post directly to the site like most other sites.

You have been a member since 2009 and have made only 6 posts? Maybe there is a post limit that needs to be meet before you can save pictures to the website? If that is the case, you can always use a photo hosting website like Photobucket and link to those pictures. You are making it a lot harder than it is, I find this one of the easiest websites to post pictures on.

In the "Quick Reply" box you can click on the picture frame icon (Insert Image) and you are given the choose of downloading from your computer or from another website (URL). If you "Go Advanced" you can click on the paperclip icon (Attachment) and add files. Once the files are downloaded from your computer, you can attach them to any of your posts.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Pick the best section Bill. It's been a rule (#4) forever, and don't forget #7 also.
Thanks, Brad
No Problem Brad, I understand rules are rules for a reason. Just hard when wheels fit so many cars. But definitely my mistake on 7 I will get that up with one single post tonight.

Thanks again

cobrashinoda

Shelby2012
Established Member
No Problem Brad, I understand rules are rules for a reason. Just hard when wheels fit so many cars. But definitely my mistake on 7 I will get that up with one single post tonight.

Thanks again
the dreaded #7, when I figure out how to get permission to post a pic, maybe I can get my thread out of jail. geez.

Users who are viewing this thread