New Mach 1

Blue Magic

Established Member
I've read that a "New" Mach 1 will debut on the S-197 platform and come with the Terminator motor. Price is"supposed" to be under 35k.

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Blue Magic said:
I've read that a "New" Mach 1 will debut on the S-197 platform and come with the Terminator motor. Price is"supposed" to be under 35k.

Read where?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
If you really think about it, there are only 2 possible engines for a Mach 1 or "whatever special edition we get". Ford's financial status basically causes them to not develop and certify a new engine (i.e. DOHC 5.0) so they'll have to use whatever's already certified... the Terminator engine is still certified and so is the 3V 5.4. I'll bet it'll be one of those 2 engines. Both are cost effective for Ford and readily available... either will also be very effective.

I'd like to see the 3V 5.4. It'd be nice to see them put some N/A cubes back in the car. Although it only makes 300 hp in truck trim, I don't see why it couldn't be rated at an easy 340 hp with a Mustang tune & induction system.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
A new mach would be great. I am pushing for the Terminator motor for the simple fact that we all know the potential of that thing. Wonder when the new mach will show up at dealers?

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread