New Mach 1

oifdoc

Established Member
hey everyone

Just got an 03 Mach 5 speed the other day. It's clean and got it from someone I know. I'm wanting to start a build on the current block and looking to get in the 400 hp ball park. I'm looking for thoughts from owners who currently are in that range or who have been previously to see what advice you could give.

Thanks

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you search the stuff on 99/01 cobras and the machs are basically the same. 400 to the ground is gonna require some decent sized cams, springs, full exhaust etc and you'll probably end up in the mid/high 300s. Easy answer is centri, eaton swap or spray it. You can safely make 450-500 with a blower and good tune if you don't beat the piss out of it

Torch'dMach

Established Member
^Agreed. N/A mod motors are hard pressed to hit 400, you'd have to have a pretty radical setup and then it wouldn't be very fun except at full tilt. Plus, you'd spend more to build the motor N/A than you would to slap a blower/turbo on it. Go boost, that's my plan for my Mach. Leave the motor alone, do fresh chains/guides/oil pump, upgraded fuel system and a blower.

Users who are viewing this thread