New Lower Grille...your thoughts

Sonic03svt

Established Member
I didn't like the fact that there isn't much protection for the intercooler radiator, so I came up with this...

LowerGrille.jpg

What do you guys think of it?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
that looks a lot like the Heat Exchanger protector that Sambandit has been making for a while now........it is a great idea

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Sonic03svt said:
I didn't like the fact that there isn't much protection for the intercooler radiator, so I came up with this...

LowerGrille.jpg

What do you guys think of it?

All I know is your tag kicks ass!!! Too bad the football team didn't this year :nonono:

Do you go to any shows? We ought to get together in the spring. There is a decent group of us local cobra and GT owners who get together and hit some car shows. We don't always win but we sure as hell have a good time :rockon:

Oh yeah, I think the screen looks good but I would probably have done it in black so it didn't stand out so much. JMO

Glacius

8 UR POS
Established Member
yea how do i get one of those similar ones from Sam Bandit?

Sonic03svt

Established Member
I am trying to make this available, for an easy install, but I have to do a little more 'fine tuning'. It will also be available in black if needed.

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
Just paypal sambandit $30.
He said it took minutes to install. It literally took 2 minutes....lol
I only used 2 of the 4 bolts on the front of the heat exchanger. I thought about painting Cobra on the front, but I have to find the right font.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I didn't want to go with gutter screens so I made this:

plateframe.jpg

from stuff I got from Mcmaster.com. Not sure if i like the copper, I'm experimenting with Stainless as well. It's got a copper frame and is moulded to the fascia. The brake ducts were fabbed last month, and are now functional.

I'll post a write up when I finish.

whtsnake03

Established Member
I got mine from Sambandit. Literally took two mintutes to install. Very happy with the results.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
Looks good but I would paint it black. I plan to add some when I upgrade the heat exchanger. Don't really care about the stock one. Eatoneggbeater, cut the mesh at an angle so it is diamond shaped when installed. Will look alot better.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I'm thinking that black would look better too, Oh Three Cobra, and as for cutting the screen on the bias, it takes 9 square feet instead of just 3. I may try that with stainless, but copper is too expensive.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
they are just gutter screens home depot 7.00 bucks for 6 screens if you paid 30.00 bucks you got beat. I did my car as well after i put gutter guards on my house it is easy there is no special way to attach I bolted to the top HE bolts and used the extra screen that I cut off to make the lower brackets to attach to the screws that hold on the chin spoiler. Buy some krylon paint and you can paint any color you want. But if you are to lazy to make the two brackets for the bottom then go ahead and pay 30.00 dollars

Users who are viewing this thread