New Lift

13BlackGT

Established Member
I just have to say one thing. Wtf is with the 1985 tires on the rear.

1bbfa590cfb0269dae225063bc2ccf62.jpg

I use those TA in the winter. I got my new SS now. I had a sidewall flat recently in my old ones

13 GT TVS E85

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
What kind of jack do you use on that tray? I have 1 rolling jack and a jack/tool tray....

I used jacking tray (with bottle jacks and/or small floor jack) in rear for about 4 years. I finally gave in and bought a second rolling jack for the rear and I am not regretting that decision at all! Lifting the rear end is much easier (and safer) with a rolling jack versus the jacking tray.

Now that I look back on it, I wonder why I ever used the jacking tray setup. It's not worth taking the chance of a major mishap just to save a few hundred bucks.

13BlackGT

Established Member
I used jacking tray (with bottle jacks and/or small floor jack) in rear for about 4 years. I finally gave in and bought a second rolling jack for the rear and I am not regretting that decision at all! Lifting the rear end is much easier (and safer) with a rolling jack versus the jacking tray.

Now that I look back on it, I wonder why I ever used the jacking tray setup. It's not worth taking the chance of a major mishap just to save a few hundred bucks.

I will probably order another rolling jack soon

13 GT TVS E85

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Looks good, they're worth their weight in gold to me...When I bought my 7000 lb lift about 12 years ago they were relatively cheap...I'm 6/2" and I can stand under mine when fully raised...Bought mine from Best Buy Auto in Temecula for $1599 and I still get e-mails from them about sales...Takes 2 guys about 2 hours to install.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I will probably order another rolling jack soon....

For the rear, get a lighter duty one. I have RJ-45 (4500lb capacity) in the front and RJ-35 (3500 lb cap) in the rear. Shop around and you can save a fair bit of money. I ended up buying the RJ-35 at local NAPA, who woulda ever figured????

-

SLOWBRA

Established Member
For the rear, get a lighter duty one. I have RJ-45 (4500lb capacity) in the front and RJ-35 (3500 lb cap) in the rear. Shop around and you can save a fair bit of money. I ended up buying the RJ-35 at local NAPA, who woulda ever figured????

-

What brand did you end up getting from NAPA? I’ve toyed with the idea of getting another jack for the rear. Looks like there are a few manufacturers for the RJ-35.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
What brand did you end up getting from NAPA? I’ve toyed with the idea of getting another jack for the rear. Looks like there are a few manufacturers for the RJ-35.....

It was brand: QUALITY LIFTS, part # QRJ03H. I bought last year. List price was $1316. I actually paid $670. Best $670 I ever spent, LOL. Not sure if this was a sale price or not, but it was actually the best deal I found anywhere, and the NAPA store is only a mile away. Plus I got free delivery (to the store) and I picked up with my truck and slid it into the lift with no problem.

My lift is CHALLENGER brand, which I believe is subsidiary of QUALITY.

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
Dont think 4 post will fit :( Wife gave me the clear to cut the ceiling out of the garage(unused attic space) to resolve the height problem but I have a stupid colly pole in the middle and dont think the car would clear with the garage door open anyways...ol well - time for a oversized detached garage then!
20191108_094343.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13BlackGT

Established Member
It was brand: QUALITY LIFTS, part # QRJ03H. I bought last year. List price was $1316. I actually paid $670. Best $670 I ever spent, LOL. Not sure if this was a sale price or not, but it was actually the best deal I found anywhere, and the NAPA store is only a mile away. Plus I got free delivery (to the store) and I picked up with my truck and slid it into the lift with no problem.

My lift is CHALLENGER brand, which I believe is subsidiary of QUALITY.

ee144efe4b7cdd9c12bab50f2742e4dd.jpg

6703fa482eee76c794f58d89d5e97501.jpg

They are on sale today but I don’t know if it will work. My lift doesn’t have that ridge

13 GT TVS E85

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
They are on sale today but I don’t know if it will work. My lift doesn’t have that ridge

Yeah, mine has the ridge as depicted in the drawing, shown in my photo below. I am assuming that photo is your lift?? And is that the end of your rolling jack in the photo? It must have some rollers on it (I don't see them), but it's clearly a different setup than mine, so it certainly appears that my part # ain't gonna work for you.

lift33.jpg

Last edited:

13BlackGT

Established Member
Yeah, mine has the ridge as depicted in the drawing, shown in my photo below. I am assuming that photo is your lift?? And is that the end of your rolling jack in the photo? It must have some rollers on it (I don't see them), but it's clearly a different setup than mine, so it certainly appears that my part # ain't gonna work for you.

View attachment 1651213

No rollers. Has nylon and is actually a sliding jack. That is my jack and lift in pic

Is a forward lift rj35 sliding jack

13 GT TVS E85
80100db87a37d935e0d81098258ef4fa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread