New Lift

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that's a true garage luxury that probably every one of us wishes we had in our home garages. Most of us either can't afford it, or don't have the space or height for one. @13BlackGT, yours looks really good. Congrats!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
$3850 and $950 delivered and installed

13 GT TVS E85
Awesome! I'm hoping for a 3 stall garage in 1-2 years. Who installs them?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

awful knawful

Established Member
$2750 Canadian
IMG_20191022_145703.jpg
IMG_20191020_103435.jpg

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
So, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on having the concrete laid for my two stall detached garage. I plan on a two post lift on one side and a four post lift on the other. Not industrial, but average sized lifts, like the Bendpak XPR-10AS and the Bendpak HD-7W.

Been going back and forth with concrete guys and Bendpak. I'm thinking I want a 6" concrete at 4000 PSI, with #6 rebar going both directions spaced at 12". I'm thinking that will make the entire floor strong enough, and I can decide later exactly where the posts will go. The county permit will require formed walls on both sides that raise 6" above the slab and have 18" footers.

Anyone have thoughts on that?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Awesome lift! My garage is too low so I had to settle with Quick Jack instead.

prs97

Established Member
So jealous!

Damn my 9-something foot garage ceiling!

Hef

Established Member
What's the benefit of a 4 post vs 2 post? How do you lift the tires if you wanted to change then on a 4 post?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Lifts are incredibly affordable, it's just having the room.

My quick jack (which I bought used) is over halfway to the cost of an entry level 2 post but I physically can't make a 2 post happen.
Space and concrete thickness are my current issues. I don't think the quick jack goes up high enough for my liking. I like the MaxJax, but have some concerns there to.
I'm waffling between a mid rise scissor (which in not sure cause my garage floor isn't super level) or something like the Auto Lift MR6K "portable" mid rise. Any higher than that that, I think I'd have to spend $ on raising the garage door track and opener. But with those options, you already looking at $2k.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
What's the benefit of a 4 post vs 2 post? How do you lift the tires if you wanted to change then on a 4 post?
Spend extra money on top of the price of the lift for the sliding jack platforms that go between the lift rails

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member

RJ45.jpg

You use "rolling jacks" (pic above). It has two of those wheels on each end, and it sits between the ramps, and slides back and forth. I have two rolling jacks on my 4-poster, so I can easily lift front or rear or both ends of vehicle with ease. Plus, this keeps the vehicle with suspension loaded, which seems handy most of the time.

Additionally, the ramps act as wonderful work tables, where you can set parts and tools on. I never realized how handy this one feature would be!!

-

Hef

Established Member
Awesome, sounds like when that time comes, its 4 post. All of you guys make selling points.

M91196

Established Member
Space and concrete thickness are my current issues. I don't think the quick jack goes up high enough for my liking. I like the MaxJax, but have some concerns there to.
I'm waffling between a mid rise scissor (which in not sure cause my garage floor isn't super level) or something like the Auto Lift MR6K "portable" mid rise. Any higher than that that, I think I'd have to spend $ on raising the garage door track and opener. But with those options, you already looking at $2k.

I have an Bendpak MD6 XP. I couldn’t stomach the cost/value factor of quick jacks and all the other reasons-low ceiling height, limited floor space and not a fan of the Max Jax. My openers sit just above 7 feet. Very usefull for all the stuff I do, not the ultimate and as you mention, no bargains.

johnkn

Established Member
Most but not all 4-post lifts require being bolted down for safe operation, Both of mine do not. Spend the $ and buy the best, you will not be sorry and will never miss the money. Good luck...,

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Awesome, sounds like when that time comes, its 4 post. All of you guys make selling points.

Yep, IMHO, a 4-poster is the way to go for home-based car guys. Plus the 4-poster is definitely the easiest and best way to store a car up and out of the way.

I owned a couple of service stations back in the 70's/80's and we used all kinds of lifts, they all had their benefits/drawbacks. If I had room in my garage, I'd likely add a 2-poster. But since I only have room for one lift, then it's a no-brainer......... 4-poster!

-

Users who are viewing this thread