New lens time...

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Just picked this up Saturday and shot a few photos with it. It's the Canon 135mm f/2L... After seeing tons of samples shot with it and reading pretty much every review out there, I decided I had to have it. First impressions of it are that the auto focus is VERY fast, it's sharp as hell, and the bokeh is buttery smooth. I can't wait to get out and shoot with it a lot more. Here are a few pics:

_MG_6155.jpg

_MG_6156.jpg

The wall was only about a foot behind her and the letters were already blurring quite a bit. Shot wide open at f/2.
IMG_00782.gif

This one was of her messing around acting studious. It gives a good idea of the quality of bokeh to be expected.
IMG_00352.gif

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Very nice shots there. I love photography, but the price of lenses keep me away from that hobby.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Yeah the prices suck for sure. I could have bought another nice camera for the price of it. The good part is they keep their value very well and I could turn around and sell it right now for very little less than I paid for it.

G-STANG

Established Member
Great pics as always man :beer:. Have you done any rig shots lately. Those pics you took are awesome. I have to rent this lens and try it on my new 7d.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Great pics as always man :beer:. Have you done any rig shots lately. Those pics you took are awesome. I have to rent this lens and try it on my new 7d.

I haven't taken pictures of any car in literally years. I'm sure I'll get into it again and build another (better) rig. But I'd have to shoot the rig shots with a 17-40mm or 16-35mm lens, neither of which I have. You should get the Canon 10-22mm for your 7D.

Users who are viewing this thread