New Larger Hi Imp injectors

Injector Dude

Established Member
Just wanted to give everyone a little heads up on what is coming down the pike as far as larger Hi Imp injectors.

Most everyone knows about the Siemens Deka 55's that have been available for some time. These have proven themselves to have excellent driving manners and the ability to support 700+ rwhp. There are excellent tunes available for these injectors from several diffentent vendors. I have a JDM Mail order tune in my 03 Cobra that made 636rwhp with excellent street manners. I have also run tunes by HBH and Modular Madness with wonderful street manners. Tunes for the 55's are also available direct from KB with the KB Kits.
Price: $499

Now for the new injectors on the scene. The first is a Hi Imp 60# injector. This injector was designed by a company called Mototron and is manfactured by Siemens Deka. These injectors flowed flawlessly on the flow bench at Horsepower by Herman. He ran them all the way up to 90psi without any problems of them going static. Herman said they also held a perfect 30 degree cone thoughout the test. Because these are new they will go though a learning curve. They have been tested on one 03 Cobra that I personally know of with good results as far as driveablity. I was told by the tuner it did take a little work to get them right, but it can be done. I expect more results on tunes shortly. I have sent a couple sets of these out to vendors for testing.
Price: $520 (current) I have been told these could go up to $600

Two other injectors that will hit the market very soon will be a 65# and 75#
Hi Imp injectors that are built by RC Engineering. I have very little information on these injectors at this time. I have been told that they will be a pintle stlye injector but I have not been able to verify this. Most the the injectors RC sells are disk. I will have a set of these as soon as they hit the market.
Price: $788.16

All of these injectors are and will be availble though my business, and the dealers I supply.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Once making the power to require a 75lb injector, isn't the rest of the fuel system now inadeqaute to do the job?

How far can the tuning go on these pulse systems (returnless).

I'm going to be facing this problem in about 2-3 weeks, so far the plan is to go with a complete return style kit from aeromotive, then figure out a way to get it tuned.

Running ported heads, custom cams, rebuilt bottom end with .20 over JE pistons and plan on going with a #3 procharger.

I don't believe the stock fuel system will do the job, even with a stepped up injector & pump.

any suggestions while were diving into this?

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
Once making the power to require a 75lb injector, isn't the rest of the fuel system now inadeqaute to do the job?

How far can the tuning go on these pulse systems (returnless).

I'm going to be facing this problem in about 2-3 weeks, so far the plan is to go with a complete return style kit from aeromotive, then figure out a way to get it tuned.

Running ported heads, custom cams, rebuilt bottom end with .20 over JE pistons and plan on going with a #3 procharger.

I don't believe the stock fuel system will do the job, even with a stepped up injector & pump.

any suggestions while were diving into this?

Apten is developing a upgrade in our returnless. Along with the upgraded focus pumps, they are trying to upgrade the Y-block and support lines. They are also from what ive heard, are trying to develop there own BAP, but differernt to the one KB uses. So i beleive with the modified focus pumps, y-block and support lines, with the 60# injectors maybe those 65#'s...800-850 RWHP is defently possible.

Injector Dude

Established Member
We have actually seen a case were the lines and rails appeared to have run out with the 60's.

I would go with bigger line and rails with the 75's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread