New job advice

My94GT

Established Member
nice, sounds like a large MSO, I have several here from Jh, Caliber, Gerber, they are all fighting for writers….
Yup, Gerber for me. I’m fortunate that the local leadership and most store managers have been in place for years now so we really strive to keep it as close to private shop feel as you can while taking advantage of the MSO structure. Don’t get me wrong it’s not always lollipops and rainbows but I’ve ran private and MSO shops over the years and they all have ups and downs

Cobra1776

Established Member
Yup, Gerber for me. I’m fortunate that the local leadership and most store managers have been in place for years now so we really strive to keep it as close to private shop feel as you can while taking advantage of the MSO structure. Don’t get me wrong it’s not always lollipops and rainbows but I’ve ran private and MSO shops over the years and they all have ups and downs
Definitely has it’s perks… Gerber bought out a local multi shop organization to get their foot print here, they’ve had a bit of turnover, as you know, some a promised the world and in the end you get a1/4 acre hahah

My94GT

Established Member
Definitely has it’s perks… Gerber bought out a local multi shop organization to get their foot print here, they’ve had a bit of turnover, as you know, some a promised the world and in the end you get a1/4 acre hahah
I just helped open two shops for them in my area and man did they promise the world to people. Thankfully I developed good relationships quickly and kept my techs but had a complete over turn in the office. I’ve givens a lot of feedback to prepare for another round of store openings and I really hope they take it seriously. The industry is short of people and you’ll always lose good people by not being transparent

Bronze123

Established Member
I looked into being a driver for Enterprise Rent A Car and they are paying 10-12 bucks an hour.

I would explorer other companies. I have a good friend at Hertz.

Most drivers will make around 10. It’s mostly to get out of the house and away from the spouse. But with enterprise they do put a small disclaimer that car cleaning may be needed. And I wouldn’t want to take on that roll for 10 an hour.

hertz it’s a casual position. Meaning you come in when you want to. If you want to take a month off for vacation or a medical need, it’s all kosher. Get the employee discount for a super long summer road trip too. I believe he said drivers just required to work one day every three months to stay on the payroll. And no car cleaning is done by drivers

Blown 89

Established Member
Mention too your friends that you're retiring but wanting to dabble in another field. Maybe something interesting will fall your way.

Users who are viewing this thread