New intake for Crown Vic and Grand Marq from JLT

Tucker

After tons of calls and emails from CV and GM owners looking for a intake kit we got a car in and did some testing.

The stock tube from the throttle body to the MAF isn't that restrictive and it would be a big deal to develop whole new intake tube we are only replacing the airbox section. In testing on other models we know that the biggest gains are from opening the airway with a larger open filter then the tube itself.

So the kit consists of an airbox, a 70mm aluminum MAF adaptor, 3.5"x9" S&B Powerstack filter open on the end and support bracket.

We strapped the 2002 CV Sport onto the dyno and did 2 base line runs and then disconnected the battery and swapped out the new JLT airbox kit.

On a normal Mustang GT we see about 8-12 RWHP, but I think the stock airbox on the GT is much more efficient then the stock CV airbox.

Also note, this car had a K&N airfilter in the stock airbox to begin with.

We were very surprised with the results,

As you can see in the graph we picked up a solid 6-10 RWHP and a huge 8-10 RWTQ across the run up until about 5400 RPM when the car really responded and gains jumped to a full 19.7 RWHP and 22 RWTQ @ 5900 RPMs. This is power that you will feel through out the rpm range while driving.

A/F cleaned up from a rich 12.0-12.2 to a nice smooth 12.8-13.0. This will net better gas mileage as well.

This is a simple intake swap. NO TUNING NEEDED! We did all testing and install in only 30 minutes time with next to no cool down between runs. So the JLT runs are hot runs, meaning power could have been even better if we allowed more cool down time.

We will start making the parts to have kits ready to ship in the next 3-4 weeks.

Pricing only $129. That's about $10 per HP.

Thanks and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Jay

Last edited:

Eric91Z

Established Member
Jay,

This is good news. And now having more information on the setup I have a couple of questions:

1) What about those of us that have "upgraded" to the Marauder airbox, Marauder 80mm MAF, and '04 CVPI zip tube already - can we just get the air filter and the Marauder 80mm MAF adapter instead?

2) What kind of gains do you think the open filter setup would provide over the Marauder airbox in the CVPI?

I already have your setup on my Marauder and love it. Just wondering what kind of further gains I could get with the air filter and adapter on my Crown Vic daily driver?

Last edited:

Tucker

Eric,

To use the 80mm MAF you would need to open the hole in the shield and order over the phone so we know to put the correct MAF adaptor in the kit.

As for gains over the MM airbox. I don't like to pull numbers from the sky as I would need to test it to say for sure. I would guess there would be a gain, but how much is hard to say. What did the MAF and airbox give you?

Users who are viewing this thread