New guy with questions

sdoo500

Established Member
Alright so I brought my basically stock 06 GT (axlebacks and Hurst shifter) to the track this past week and am hooked. It was extremely humid and my first time ever at the track and I had a best of 13.91 at 101 with a 2.07 60'. Still on stock Pirellis and am wanting to buy a new set of sticky tires. My plan is to visit the track alot this fall and get as consistent as possible with a close to stock car and learn drag racing a little bit more before I add some power over the winter. My plan was to buy two 17x9 bullit replicas because they match what I have on the car now and put some M/T 275 radials on it but after reading a little bit alot of people say radials are no good for a stick car. These tires will be track only, will not have to get used on the street so im not against a bias ply tire but was not sure if having not alot of power with a bias ply will hurt me more than help me. Was also planning on ordering new LCAs with the tires too. Please help! Sorry for the novel lol

sdoo500

Established Member
My question was basically if drag radials will work best for me over another tire and if not what else would someone recommend. Probably going to go with the M/T street radial.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Radials work fine with a good suspension set up.

My 06GT 460whp, MT ET SR II 265/40/18 DRs = 1.6x 60' all day on decent track

Users who are viewing this thread