New Guy with an F-150 Tremor

DjfunkmasterG

Established Member
So after 26 years of owning Mustangs of one form or another I recently opted to do a complete flip into something else from my 2014 GT I modded out to a whopping 505 HP at the rear wheels for the F-150 Tremor.

This more or less came about because of my love of the original lightning, which I really wanted but could never find one unabused or in decent enough shape to take control of and do something special with, so in my search for a new vehicle I came across the tremor which immediately cuaght my eye for two reasons. The Lightning like appeal and the fact it is named after one of my favorite B-Movies.

So I grabbed this 14 that had been sitting at my local dealer since February and with the significant discount from the 45k price tag I walked away with what i feel to be a great truck. Now I have some minor disappointments, such as no heated leather seats and the ride height being so large (I have a 4x4 model) otherwise I have no other complaints. It zooms a long, the 4.10s definitely make acceleration a lot of fun. ( I know I had 4.10s in my stang)

I have only briefly peeked through the forums but are there any other Tremor owners here? if so What have you done to give your Tremor some more zoom?

Mach828

Established Member
Tune it! And open up the exhaust. I don't have one, but someone in my family does. I think its a great truck. The tremor with the stock street tires, out climbed my Uncle's raptor on a huge sandy hill. I think they are very impressive.

DjfunkmasterG

Established Member
I was thinking about tuning it, that and a CAi was at the top of my list. Exhaust was in there too, but I am trying to find a dual out system.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Ford Racing has a dual out system. Don't expect this truck to sound anything like your GT though. 3.5EB on 93octane tune will put a smile on your face! look into a Roush ac vent boost gauge.

DjfunkmasterG

Established Member
Some pics of my beast.

15693897936_3c4844d5e5_c.jpg

15098250933_825cae3336_c.jpg

Thanks for the information folks.

this truck already puts a smile on my face, so if you're saying a 93 tune on this EB will make it bigger I am in.

My mustang put a nice smile in my face with 4.10s, tuning and the Boss302 intake when I first started modding it,then adding in the CAI Exhaust and other toys really made me grin so hard when mashing the gas I was 24/7 giddy, I mean ready to be involuntairly placed int he funny farm.

While I know the truck will never get to that peak with me I am fine with that, I just think it needs a bit more zoom and that damn governor needs to go.

Last edited:

raceme2

Established Member
I put the Roush performance exhaust on my 14 fx4 with the Roush Stage 2 package. It is the two outlets on the passenger side. It is louder than my 14 GT with Frpp sport mufflers and Boss 302 side pipes. And very loud when accelerating. And straight line it is definitely faster than the mustang.

DjfunkmasterG

Established Member
I put the Roush performance exhaust on my 14 fx4 with the Roush Stage 2 package. It is the two outlets on the passenger side. It is louder than my 14 GT with Frpp sport mufflers and Boss 302 side pipes. And very loud when accelerating. And straight line it is definitely faster than the mustang.

Do you have a link where I can grab that Roush exhaust?

xiarcher

I have a 2014 Tremor with the Roush exhaust, boost gauge and Roush Stage 2 cold air kit with performance tune. The truck runs great but I'd like to lower it too a bit

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
My father in law has the ROUSH tune/CAI combo on his EB FX4 (Non tremor) and he Loves it...will bark 2nd gear too

Users who are viewing this thread