New GT500 track pack wing (2 way adjustable with Gurney flap)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It's similar to my APR, but definitely more conservative in it's contouring. I like it. If it is functional for the purposes that suit me, then I am all for it.

166djkn.jpg

2qxokub.jpg

szk7mf.jpg

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I have a bunch of conflicting answers on this now. Two Ford Performance guys told me they think Multimatic makes it on the GT500, one Multimatic guy told me he thinks they make it on the GT4 but not the 500, and one Multimatic guy told me he thinks they do. He said he'd double check. Call it *pending.*
Larry Holt of Multimatic told me in-person today that they designed the wing but Polytec makes it for Ford. Multimatic makes the GT350R spoiler for Ford

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
DBK knows who makes it. He and I discussed it but I don't think he posted on it after the post you quoted above.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
If someone does get a TP 2020 GT500 I would hope that the afkt will come out with a OE looking rear spoiler that you can install in place of the CF one for regular driving. That way if some stupid low life decides your spoiler needs to take a walk you're out just the price of a afkt spoiler (hopefully it will cost way less than the CF one from Ford).

For regular driving I probably would also not run those CF wheels, if they get damaged it would hurt bad in the wallet dept. (vid 5:45 to end).

Breitling

Established Member
Wow. Just watched the video above. I guess I'll be sticking with the base model wheels for the new GT500. That's a real bad day when you hit a pot hole and it costs you $12k.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
For regular driving I probably would also not run those CF wheels, if they get damaged it would hurt bad in the wallet dept. (vid 5:45 to end).

That is why I'd get the wheel protection package from the dealer. It is worth every penny for the GT350R.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Well, if you claim it on your regular insurance it's possible that your premium could go up over a claim. If you repeatedly damage those wheels and make numerous claims on your policy your insurance company can drop you.

So I would tread lightly when it comes to claiming damage like that on your vehicle policy. I mean obviously if your car got wrecked in a legit accident or vandalized then of course put in a claim that's why we have insurance.

"That is why I'd get the wheel protection package from the dealer. It is worth every penny for the GT350R."

I would like more info on this. Is the protection package offered from the dealer or is it a 3rd party coverage when you buy a R at the dealer?

What is the cost of this coverage and what does the fine print say as to what they will cover and not cover?

Users who are viewing this thread