New gt350 that arrived at dealership with bad engine

Snoopy49

Established Member
Does this brake rotor looks like it has seen some heat.

new-2016-ford-mustang-shelbygt350fastback-5486-14685242-2-640.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think what you see is the result of washing the car with Michigan's water.

;-)

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That blue/white isn't doing it for me.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Haven't been any reports of bad motors. One guy lost a bolt in his trans that locked up the clutch. That was an assembly issue. One guy blew his motor, but it was suspected he may have overrevved it. Other than that the motors are stout.

All brake rotors get that way when wet and not driven for a while. Even here on the west coast

cluscher

Established Member
Dealer is local to me and a friend works there. I was told the engine had a metallic sound to it that wasn't right. Senior tech took it for a quick spin, came back, and drained oil. Evidence of metal. Ford engineer arrived next day and promptly leaves with some internals. New engine arrives the next day. The cause/culprit is unknown.

As far as the dealer goes, they are notorious for buying dealer allocations and demanding big ADMs. They won't sell one at or near MSRP. I personally am not a fan of their tactics and opted to buy my F150 elsewhere last year.

Dusten

Established Member
Dealer is local to me and a friend works there. I was told the engine had a metallic sound to it that wasn't right. Senior tech took it for a quick spin, came back, and drained oil. Evidence of metal. Ford engineer arrived next day and promptly leaves with some internals. New engine arrives the next day. The cause/culprit is unknown.

As far as the dealer goes, they are notorious for buying dealer allocations and demanding big ADMs. They won't sell one at or near MSRP. I personally am not a fan of their tactics and opted to buy my F150 elsewhere last year.

Other than their ADM(they sell their shit fast) I have had great experience there and bought my 2011 F-150 new from them for almost 10k under MSRP.

Para81

Established Member
Woke up at 0400, drove 229 miles to New Orleans, did a full day track event and then immediately after drove the 229 miles back home in record time. Car is bulletproof.

M91196

Established Member
Nope, that's what they look like when hit with water. They're high iron content rotors.

Y'all quit hatin on my Blue/White car, he's sensitive. LOL

My Brembo equipped cars rotors look like that every time I wash my car

Users who are viewing this thread