New GT350 or keep '14 RS5

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Relaxed Chaos,

I see you mentioned you previously had a terminator. I've been eyeing GT350s since the came out but I'm so hesitant to leave the terminator. I've had one in my garage for the last 10 years. I'm like you and don't want/need two toys. It would be one or the other. Do you LOVE the GT350?

Supercharged362

You won’t miss that RS5 at all - I just sold mine for way more than I was able to get previous to this crazy market and bought a 2020 GT350R. I literally smile every time I drive the 350. Something the RS5 did occasionally.

Here is a pic of the car when we bought the 350r. Our son was so excited!

C8E0BAC2-D919-44AA-8B7A-E7BCF00B4037.jpeg

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I, too, wanted one since they were announced in 2014. I kept my Terminator 12 years until 2018. I couldn't justify the GT350 price until they dropped into the mid 40's, which was where mine was in March of this year.

The GT350 is unique. Despite the name, it is NOT a GT car: It is busy, tramlines, stiff, and wonderfully engaging all the time. The GT350 is a true sports car, not a pony car or a muscle car. I enjoy driving it slow around town (unlike my Terminator), I enjoy driving it fast, and it does alright over long distances. It provides great feedback and fun at all speeds, and it is manageable and fun everyday. I must say, nearly everything about it is better than my old Terminator. I do miss the whine and torque of the supercharger, but the GT350 has plenty of both once you get used to using RPM's.

Full disclosure, I generally don't get too emotionally attached to material things. I'm not a sentimental guy with material things. Do I regret selling my Terminator? A little. How about my RS5? Sure, it is a most excellent car: 60% Jekyll, 40% Hyde. How about my old '98 GT? Yeah, that one sounded great, and was slow. My older yet '89 5.0? Sure, that was a blast, too. But this GT350 is a monster all it's own: 85% Hyde. It's really something special just as it is from the factory.

Relaxed Chaos,

I see you mentioned you previously had a terminator. I've been eyeing GT350s since the came out but I'm so hesitant to leave the terminator. I've had one in my garage for the last 10 years. I'm like you and don't want/need two toys. It would be one or the other. Do you LOVE the GT350?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I, too, wanted one since they were announced in 2014. I kept my Terminator 12 years until 2018. I couldn't justify the GT350 price until they dropped into the mid 40's, which was where mine was in March of this year.

The GT350 is unique. Despite the name, it is NOT a GT car: It is busy, tramlines, stiff, and wonderfully engaging all the time. The GT350 is a true sports car, not a pony car or a muscle car. I enjoy driving it slow around town (unlike my Terminator), I enjoy driving it fast, and it does alright over long distances. It provides great feedback and fun at all speeds, and it is manageable and fun everyday. I must say, nearly everything about it is better than my old Terminator. I do miss the whine and torque of the supercharger, but the GT350 has plenty of both once you get used to using RPM's.

Full disclosure, I generally don't get too emotionally attached to material things. I'm not a sentimental guy with material things. Do I regret selling my Terminator? A little. How about my RS5? Sure, it is a most excellent car: 60% Jekyll, 40% Hyde. How about my old '98 GT? Yeah, that one sounded great, and was slow. My older yet '89 5.0? Sure, that was a blast, too. But this GT350 is a monster all it's own: 85% Hyde. It's really something special just as it is from the factory.

Thanks for the reply. I truly love the terminator, but I rarely drive mine and I've been wanting something newer for a long time. I do love driving it when I do, but it is just so uncomfortable, so when I do drive it I drive it with purpose lol.

Thanks again I really appreciate the incite.

Users who are viewing this thread