New grille for my Ranger, but need your opinion...

Leave the new grille matte or paint the surround gloss black?

• Leave it Matte.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Paint it Gloss.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
People love to bash the new Ranger for some reason, but it is a very good truck. I appreciated your review as it was very fair and well-informed. I can run circles around the competition and look much better.

I honestly do miss the previous generation Ranger. My father has my old '04 and it is still going strong and looks great. Yes, it does not have as much power, room, and rides rougher, but a lot can be said about its perfect size, styling, and simplicity.

I'm hoping to get a Tremor Ranger in for testing soon. I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

TORQUERULES

Established Member

Yes, I like them so far. A little stiffer on normal surfaces, but much more compliant in the rough stuff. They have proper damping. The FX4 shocks do not. Mine had about 15K miles on them and they were already leaking. I had never had it off-road. WV roads are are not the best, but I am also careful.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Given the sport package trim I would probably go gloss to match. Matte would be more durable as is if you play a lot.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yes, I like them so far. A little stiffer on normal surfaces, but much more compliant in the rough stuff. They have proper damping. The FX4 shocks do not. Mine had about 15K miles on them and they were already leaking. I had never had it off-road. WV roads are are not the best, but I am also careful.

A few trips Out Wayne is all it takes to show the weakness in the factory shocks.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was heading out Wayne, right in front of Marvin's Tenampa when the Rubicon got t-boned...Ugh. Nothing good happens out there.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
My brother paint matched his FORD grille to match the tremor fender paint color. Sorry not the best pic but this is from last week.

He just installed the fox 2.5s on it.

View attachment 1734033

Sent from my SM-N986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I ended up having to order another grille as the Tiawan sourced Ford Performance grille ended up cracking on the corners after a few months. Did your brother paint his himself and what paint was used? How is it holding up?

Users who are viewing this thread