New Fog Lights for my GT500

rdsnk46

Established Member
Since purchase I've wanted to upgrade my fog lights to match my factory head lights. I got with Jared from Lethal and he had a great solution the XML2 from Diode Dynamics. I was excited and got the fogs installed immediately. I couldn't be happier with the new look. They match and compliment the headlights perfectly. Thanks to Jared and the Lethal Performance crew for the great product!

Here are some before shots....

IMG_20150427_180350303_zpsgjevm1gl.jpg

IMG_20150427_180423959_zpsdggu8zsx.jpg

IMG_20150427_180437869_zps63poklby.jpg

and After!

IMG_20150428_160639_zpsxpa7vbtq.jpg

IMG_20150428_160552_zpsmm9pyz0g.jpg

rdsnk46

Established Member

paluka21

Established Member
I wonder how well they will light up the road compared to the stock bulbs? Also, is it believed these bulbs will stress any wiring/circuits? Feel free to school me on foglight bulbs. :rolling:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Looks good..those has to be 5k since I just put vleds 5k and they match perfect to stock headlights..

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
The bulbs are LED so little to no heat at all.
+1.

I wonder how well they will light up the road compared to the stock bulbs? Also, is it believed these bulbs will stress any wiring/circuits? Feel free to school me on foglight bulbs. :rolling:
Like PM02GTKB, I also run 5K VLEDS. While better than the stock halogen bulbs (in terms of color match with the HIDs and light output), the driving lights remain more for appearance than function.

Power draw for LEDs is generally a fraction of that required for traditional light bulbs. They will, therefore, stress wiring/circuits LESS than the stock halogen bulbs.

Last edited:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
$60/pair for VLEDS.

I just installed these in my 2012 gt500.

Did anyone else have any problems getting them to "snap" or "lock" into place?

I went in from the front of the wheel well so I cannot really see why they are not locking in, so I may have to remove the entire fog light assembly to see what is going on.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks awesome Andy. Definitely a major improvement from the stock yellow looking bulbs. Ford should have used these to begin with.

For anyone interested in these we have them ready to ship. Here's the link to them. The ones Andy are using are the XLM2's.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/shop-now/vehicle-selector/ford-svt-gt500-shelby/2013-2014-shelby-5-8-l-gt500/lighting-1/led-replacement-bulbs-1/diode-dynamics-07-2014-shelby-gt500-fog-light-led-s-pair.html

screen_shot_2015-01-13_at_1.16.03_pm.png

If you guys have any other questions please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

I went in from the front of the wheel well so I cannot really see why they are not locking in, so I may have to remove the entire fog light assembly to see what is going on.
I did not, but I was also unable to install mine by "feeling around". The job was, however, SIMPLE with a set of ramps and the removal of a plastic panel held in place (behind the splitter) by 9 screws. Check out Copper&Black's post for a picture of the removed valence. FWIW, removal of my driving light assemblies/reflectors was NOT required. (I assume previous MY cars are setup similarly.)

Looks awesome Andy. Definitely a major improvement from the stock yellow looking bulbs. Ford should have used these to begin with.

For anyone interested in these we have them ready to ship. Here's the link to them. The ones Andy are using are the XLM2's.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...7-2014-shelby-gt500-fog-light-led-s-pair.html

screen_shot_2015-01-13_at_1.16.03_pm.png

If you guys have any other questions please feel free to give us a call.

Thanks, Jared

These intrigue me. According to what I see on the Diode Dynamics site, however, these are H11 replacements. Is H11 a direct replacement for our original 5202 bulbs? Also, what color temp are you guys selling for $120?

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Just did this aswell today I just pulled out the front potion of the inner fender well they are two piece with two push pins holding the two sections together up top. it was extremely easy and had all the room in the world to work also I could see exactly what I was doing. So so so so so much better than the stock bulbs.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just installed these in my 2012 gt500.

I also felt that they didn't seat well like stock but mine have remained as installed so I think it's fine just not as comforting as the stock fit.
Makes a great visual improvement.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread