New Fender Wings

blue 07

Established Member
IMG_3499.JPG
IMG_3496.JPG
IMG_3497.JPG
IMG_3498.JPG
IMG_3495.JPG
I ordered a set of fender wings from Billet Pro Shop for my 13 GT500 and I have a question. The product is beautiful and looks great on the car, question is , should I leave them on permanently OR attach them for car shows only ??!! Do I really want people to know how much hp I have, or let them guess when they see my taillights fading in the distance ? I removed the 3M tape they came with on the wings and replaced them with "business card magnets", cut to fit and made to stick to the back of a business cards so the business card sticks to any metal surface. It works perfect, they are super thin magnets, very strong, and you cant see the magnets and would never know they weren't permanently attached. If the magnets are used, they would be used for car shows only, NOT to be driven with them on the car. It's very easy to replace the 3M tape as well if needed. I love they way they look, so, leave them permanently attached or use them for car shows only???

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
They do look good. BPS does great work. Why wouldn't you want guys to know the HP?
How much RWHP are you at?

blue 07

Established Member
They do look good. BPS does great work. Why wouldn't you want guys to know the HP?
How much RWHP are you at?
I'm at 670 at rear wheels with a mod or two to go.
That's my question, do I want them to know how much hp I have or let them find out the hard way !!?? Do I want a Hellcat or a Z1 next to me and know how much hp I have since its posted on the side of my car?, I guess that's the question OR do I just use them for car shows ?? Just looking for opinions.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Heck I'd run them on. If you race a Hellcat they're probably gonna give it all its got anyway. Once they see the S H E L B Y lettering, they'll know what's up. Ain't no GT!
The magnet idea is good tho, especially when waxing the car.
I'd thought of getting the wings but my HP has changed & I'd want it to match what it really is. I'm @ 675 RWHP & as of now I'm done but you know how that is.

Zemedici

Established Member
Leave em on - someone knowing your horsepower won't make their car faster or yours slower, anyway.

blue 07

Established Member
Heck I'd run them on. If you race a Hellcat they're probably gonna give it all its got anyway. Once they see the S H E L B Y lettering, they'll know what's up. Ain't no GT!
The magnet idea is good tho, especially when waxing the car.
I'd thought of getting the wings but my HP has changed & I'd want it to match what it really is. I'm @ 675 RWHP & as of now I'm done but you know how that is.
I do know how that is, and as far as matching exact hp, that would be tough to do. It's probably more but I'll stick with the 750.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I have always liked the element of surprise. Although you shouldn't be surprised running a Shelby to begin with. Let them find out that you have 750hp =). I have made good friends this way when you pull over at the next parking lot after to chat about what just happened......

blue 07

Established Member
I have always liked the element of surprise. Although you shouldn't be surprised running a Shelby to begin with. Let them find out that you have 750hp =). I have made good friends this way when you pull over at the next parking lot after to chat about what just happened......
HaHa, I like it !

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry OP, they are nicely crafted pieces but I dont dig them on the car itself. Its like you are going out of your way to impress people. "Hey everybody, look at me, I have XXXHP!"

But then again, its just my personal opinion...

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
If you like them then leave them on all the time. I hate how people try to hide their build/power when talking about racing. Example: A Camaro owner says he is "Stock" but tells you how he beat a FBO GTR. Then you find out after the race is that the only stock thing on his car are the windshield wiper blades. (Fictional Story)

Zemedici

Established Member
If you like them then leave them on all the time. I hate how people try to hide their build/power when talking about racing. Example: A Camaro owner says he is "Stock" but tells you how he beat a FBO GTR. Then you find out after the race is that the only stock thing on his car are the windshield wiper blades. (Fictional Story)

exactly. I bring my car, you bring yours. We agree to run, its called 'run what you brung' for a reason....knowing what's done to mine vs yours wont make mine any faster or yours any faster....so who cares....LS guys are the worst...

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Exactly. I don't see the point when people "act" like the car is pushing 350whp when it really is pushing 800whp. Maybe I'm just to new to racing scene. Sorry for the derail.

I really want to get some badges like that, but I'd rather engrave something else on them (I.e. car's name, car club, area code, etc.)

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
The badges are nice, but I have never been a fan of people sticking the HP #"S on license plates, badges, stickers, etc... First of all, it kind of sucks if you brag about 750 hp and get pulled by a 600 hp car. Then it makes the person seem like they are FOS. Just my opinion. I laugh at this because a local guy here has a 3v GT. With Hot Rod cams and a Vortech and dynoed at some dyno in Canada with supposedly 550 RWHP! Definitely off because no way his stock bottom end car with 11 psi would pull that off. Anyways, now he has stickers on the car that say 686 hp or some crap like that because he figured the drive train loss.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Like I said, just my opinion. We are all entitled and have different tastes. Some people put Harley stickers on there rear windows of their mustangs and others don't. To each his own. In the end, at least we are all driving Mustangs!

blue 07

Established Member
Like I said, just my opinion. We are all entitled and have different tastes. Some people put Harley stickers on there rear windows of their mustangs and others don't. To each his own. In the end, at least we are all driving Mustangs!
I'll second that. Its about a 50/50 split as to being left on or used for shows only, interesting !!

Users who are viewing this thread