New F150 Reveal Tonight at 8PM

andymarkv

Established Member
I'm curious exactly what they mean by "the toughest, most productive F-150 ever, and targeted to be the most powerful light duty full-size pickup."

Considering the Hellcat powered TRX Ram is coming...maybe they needed to reveal now so that "most powerful" statement is true where it won't be in a few months...?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the Aviator hybrid tech coming over to the F-150?

The most powerful light duty pickup still is the Ram SRT-10, based off HP, right?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm curious exactly what they mean by "the toughest, most productive F-150 ever, and targeted to be the most powerful light duty full-size pickup."

Considering the Hellcat powered TRX Ram is coming...maybe they needed to reveal now so that "most powerful" statement is true where it won't be in a few months...?

Hopefully Ford is bring out something sweet. But I won’t hold my breath. I will say, the ram trx is going to hurt a lot of feelings on and off road. If they can keep the price around Raptor prices, it will sell very very well.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My94GT

Established Member
Hopefully Ford is bring out something sweet. But I won’t hold my breath. I will say, the ram trx is going to hurt a lot of feelings on and off road. If they can keep the price around Raptor prices, it will sell very very well.

I can’t see it being less then the trackhawk and at that price point there are a lot of fun cars on the market

F8l Vnm

Established Member

If their fully loaded limited is in the low to mid 70s , I can’t see their TRX not getting close to 90k.

andymarkv

Established Member
Hmmmm...6 engine options, but sounds like hybrid "powerboost" will be the hot one.
Depending on the size of the battery, 100% torque output instantaneously, backed by a gas motor so there are no range restrictions...could be interesting.
I have to laugh a little. They quoted a "700 mile range for a tank of gas", hell my 5.0 truck can almost do that....with a 36 gallon tank!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Hmmmm...6 engine options, but sounds like hybrid "powerboost" will be the hot one.
Depending on the size of the battery, 100% torque output instantaneously, backed by a gas motor so there are no range restrictions...could be interesting.
I have to laugh a little. They quoted a "700 mile range for a tank of gas", hell my 5.0 truck can almost do that....with a 36 gallon tank!

thats my thought - if thats the 36 gallon tank its not impressive at all - 19.4 mpg. My 2012 (before the tires and level) would average just over 20mpg with cruise control on 78. Maybe it boosts in town mileage a lot but if thats the main benefit then dont tout the 700 mile range. On the standard 26 gallon tank thats pushing up closer 28mpg which would be impressive in a full size truck.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What does it look like??
Any exterior changes?

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
thats my thought - if thats the 36 gallon tank its not impressive at all - 19.4 mpg. My 2012 (before the tires and level) would average just over 20mpg with cruise control on 78. Maybe it boosts in town mileage a lot but if thats the main benefit then dont tout the 700 mile range. On the standard 26 gallon tank thats pushing up closer 28mpg which would be impressive in a full size truck.

I'd wager that the battery pack takes up the extra space that the 36 gallon tank uses over the 26 gallon tank. You can probably get either the 36 gallon tank OR the hybrid system but not both.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Very bland. Honestly, other than the headlamps it will be hard to tell a current gen against this gen on the highway unless they are right next to each other. Right now, the Ram and Silverado own this on the looks and interior department. That is just my opinion. The only thing that really made sit up and pay attention was the folding shifter and work table in the cab. That is something I would actually use.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Very bland. Honestly, other than the headlamps it will be hard to tell a current gen against this gen on the highway unless they are right next to each other. Right now, the Ram and Silverado own this on the looks and interior department. That is just my opinion. The only thing that really made sit up and pay attention was the folding shifter and work table in the cab. That is something I would actually use.

its a refresh/face lift not a new gen truck. Personally I think the front end looks quite a bit different, the new fogs vs old round ones are a pretty big give away as well.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
. The center stack on GM is such an afterthought , looks like a mini van. And the gauges are the most boring in business. Looks on outside is subjective so I got nothing there but the interior on GM is ok at best. This is the thing with GM though after so many years. They just can’t figure out interiors. And this is a GM guy talking

Users who are viewing this thread