New Engine Pics

1kftlbs

Established Member
Here ya go. The PFab reservoir and "Powered by Ford" coil covers are off getting polished now. I only took a pic of 1 FR500 cause they only sent me the fronts. Ill post more tomorrow.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

:beer:

mosconiac

Established Member
Nice work!

What's with the PCV block-off plate on the passenger valve cover? Where does the PCV system pull in the air? I see a hose going somewhere, but where does it go from the inlet pipe?

mosconiac said:
Nice work!

What's with the PCV block-off plate on the passenger valve cover? Where does the PCV system pull in the air? I see a hose going somewhere, but where does it go from the inlet pipe?
I was thinking the same thing!
Maybe thats a stealth nitrous hook up! :beer:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Love the blue valve covers.Makes the engine look like the GT Motor. how hard is it for you guys to pull your valve covers? I know pulling them on my Marauder is a bitch

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
Man dude that blue does not match at all! I am old school though! I also would like to know how tough it was to pull the valve covers. I am thinking of doing mine in pwder black or polished.

1kftlbs

Established Member
That block off plate is for the dry sump oiling system in the Ford GT so its not baffled. The pcv for the Ford GT is in the rear cause of the intake so I just ran a hose to it. My dealer had to pull the motor(cause of the long-tubes) to do the head swap so I just threw them on then...

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
1kftlbs said:
That block off plate is for the dry sump oiling system in the Ford GT so its not baffled. The pcv for the Ford GT is in the rear cause of the intake so I just ran a hose to it. My dealer had to pull the motor(cause of the long-tubes) to do the head swap so I just threw them on then...

Is that the only modification needed to use the GT valve covers? I had looked into using them a few months ago but it didn't look like they would fit properly from the schematic.

FordFreak

Established Member
Sonic 03 Cobra said:
Is that the only modification needed to use the GT valve covers? I had looked into using them a few months ago but it didn't look like they would fit properly from the schematic.

Yes, thats the only thing. The other was to extend the intake PCV hose to the rear of the cover which was no big deal. Also the fittings that go into the heater core must be bent a little to the side to clear the cover. Or machine the boss on the rear of the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread